Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1983 300SD, 1969 280SE, 2007 C230
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to change the old window channels and felts.

Since I was going to remove the quarter window frame I went ahead, put a big dent on my credit card and purchase the seals.

New vs old.

Since the passenger side lock was not working I fixed it too. I thought it was the drum or a wrong key. It was something very simple.

The rechts and links door handel seals were interchanged giving the locking mechanism the wrong angle.

I remove all the door hardware cleaned it, lube it and install it back.

I installed sound damping material too.

I'm having a lot of problems adjusting the window angle, any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1973 220D, 1988 300SEL, 1991 300TE
330 Posts
I'm not shore what you mean when you say "adjusting the window angle".

Also I was about to start the same project - but I had intended to rebuild the window regulators while the door was apart. Did you consider this?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not shore what you mean when you say "adjusting the window angle".

Also I was about to start the same project - but I had intended to rebuild the window regulators while the door was apart. Did you consider this?
My car is a 280SE, it has no window frames. You can adjust the angle of the window channels to pair the front and back window and get an air tight closing.
I hope you did understand, English is not my first lenguage.

I did work on the regulators.

Thanks for you answer.

·
Registered
1965 220S, 1999 Volvo V70 (wagon), 2006 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 72 350SL 4 Speed
1,830 Posts
Be careful, the vent window seals are different from side to side. Left and right have different numbers.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be careful, the vent window seals are different from side to side. Left and right have different numbers.

The number is 1117255324 for the left and 5424 for the right. I did check.

Thanks

·
Registered
Many MBZ, Couple of 911s, couple of pick ups
758 Posts
nice job.

I just finished putting new window channels and the windows move much better now. Where did you end up buying the felts/brushes?

I also need to remove and clean my door handles. Do you have any diagrams or advice on taking them apart and cleaning them?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just finished putting new window channels and the windows move much better now. Where did you end up buying the felts/brushes?

I also need to remove and clean my door handles. Do you have any diagrams or advice on taking them apart and cleaning them?

Thanks
Hi there and thanks for writing.
I purchase the felt through Bugee Ware House (210) 533-8056 with the correct part number. I guess the dealer could order it too.
It had to be ordered twice. A genius in their Houston warehouse decided to fold the felts and package them in a small box.
About the door handle, unless you need to fix something inside or work on the key drum combination, there is no need to open them. A good sonic wash will be enough.
I took a picture of the correct order and as soon as I get home I’ll post it for you.

Thanks

·
Registered
Many MBZ, Couple of 911s, couple of pick ups
758 Posts
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts