Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is...the new wheels from the 2005 Limited Edition.

I still have a problem that I hear this swishing/clicking noise because the lug nuts from the 18" wheels do not fit these 17" wheels... I think my old OEM ML320 wheel lug nuts should fit...Anyone else have this lug nut problem?

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
roadsession looks great like the new wheels! I had the same problem I believe the lugs were to thin or long cant remember that came with the 18" rims I got. I had to get a set off of ebay because the old lugs fit the back but not the front. I remember having to fool with it for awhile and only had a couple of lugs holding the wheel until I got new ones a day or so later.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pize98 - 3/26/2005 11:17 PM

roadsession looks great like the new wheels! I had the same problem I believe the lugs were to thin or long cant remember that came with the 18" rims I got. I had to get a set off of ebay because the old lugs fit the back but not the front. I remember having to fool with it for awhile and only had a couple of lugs holding the wheel until I got new ones a day or so later.
Thanks
Wife and I just got home from the clubs ( i can't believe i'm so addicted to this site that I'm logging in at this hour while she's getting ready for bed) and friends asked if I got a new truck. Wheels do make a difference I must say...It doesn't look as tight as yours, but I'm happy with the results :)

I just logged into ebay and bought a set of silver star center caps (the ones where the mb star is set in chrome) for the wheels...can't wait to put those in as well.

I love modding :)

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some other angles

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
yeah I know what you mean about being addicted to this site I think I have done more mods because of this forum than anything. Just because so many people share information and ideas and it gets you motivated. The wheels do look tight good choice. I have been waxing mine and keeping them clean to try and make them last. I dont go to the car washes they have runned my rims I believe its the finish they use on the rims I have very easy to damage. Post a picture of the caps maybe I'll get a set.

·
Registered
'02 ML 270 CDI
198 Posts
roadsession - 3/27/2005 2:45 AM
I still have a problem that I hear this swishing/clicking noise because the lug nuts from the 18" wheels do not fit these 17" wheels... I think my old OEM ML320 wheel lug nuts should fit...Anyone else have this lug nut problem?
Better get this fixed asap. Lug nuts that are too long may do some serious damage to your car! [xx(].

I like the color of your ride [8)] (there aren't a lot of those around).

cheers,
Braù

·
Registered
Ml 500SE
269 Posts
Love the wheels too. I bought the whole truck to get mine. The centers are the blue ones though. They're a whole lot easier to clean than the 7 spoke I had on my 00 430. Borrow your wife's little whiffle duster with the blue handle to keep the brake dust cleaned off. Works like a charm. Yes, I love my new 05 500SE. Real hotrod!! [8D]

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dakat - 3/27/2005 3:47 PM

Love the wheels too. I bought the whole truck to get mine. The centers are the blue ones though. They're a whole lot easier to clean than the 7 spoke I had on my 00 430. Borrow your wife's little whiffle duster with the blue handle to keep the brake dust cleaned off. Works like a charm. Yes, I love my new 05 500SE. Real hotrod!! [8D]
Will do...Thanks for the tip.
Just finished putting in the original lug nuts that came with the truck. Thanks to this site I knew to torque them at 110ft/lbs.

One of the old bolts looked pretty badly stripped - I will replace that one tomorrow.

All in all, the truck looks a little more conservative than it did with the 18" rims I had on, but the truck rides much more comfortably than on the 18", and btw there is clearly less unsprung weight...

The 18" rims and tires were much heavier than the new wheel/tire combo.

All in all I'm happy with the change - I traded in a little bit of the bling factor I had with the 18" rims for a little more comfort and a fresher look.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
roadsession - 3/27/2005 2:17 AM

pize98 - 3/26/2005 11:17 PM

Thanks
Wife and I just got home from the clubs ( i can't believe i'm so addicted to this site that I'm logging in at this hour while she's getting ready for bed) and friends asked if I got a new truck. Wheels do make a difference I must say...It doesn't look as tight as yours, but I'm happy with the results :)

I just logged into ebay and bought a set of silver star center caps (the ones where the mb star is set in chrome) for the wheels...can't wait to put those in as well.

I love modding :)
The wheels look very nice bud ... I've also got a set of those centercaps on order. They make the truck look newer since only the 04-05's started using them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts