Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have the new 300D all up to speed, I'm looking to update my wheels. I'd like to give a more modern look, while retaining the classic simplicity of the W124. I don't see a lot of newer factory MB rims that I think flow well with the 124 body lines. I want to stay original MB authentic rims.

Anyone run these 16" E350 rims from the 211 style?

16x8
ET 36

It looks like I would have to run special lug bolts from RAD...anyone have a specific part #?

I would like to see these wheels on a W124 to see if the flow works. My 300D is all white and I like that these rims are machined. I think it will look good with the stainless trim on the car. Also like that it has a pretty flat face surface, similar to the factory 8 holes.

Thoughts? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
I think it is gonna work...really well on a white 300d. I'd do it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
205x50x16 would most likely work, but I'd prefer more rubber-
so my first attempt would be a 205x55x16 tire to evaluate fitment.

I'd consider 225x45 or 50, 215x45 or 50, etc

I just read the linked thread in first post- rubbing issues are because he is using larger tires than these suggestions.

And rolling the fenders can be allow a slightly larger tire if things are that close.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a real poor hack-quality photchop I made with the wheels on the filthy car. I like what I see. I think it flows well with the car. I am not trying to fool anyone into thinking I have a 2005 ride...I bought the 95 because I love it! I wouldn't want an 05 frankly :D Just looking for a new set of rims and slightly more modern look.

Anyone know of a set for sale, or good place to purchase OEM wheels? Thanks!

As opposed to original filthy picture with factory wheels...

·
Registered
1993 Mercedes 300CE
132 Posts
I don't necessarily think they would look bad, but it's been my experience that Mercedes cars look best with wheels of their generation. I saw an R107 the other day with the wheels from a R230. Obviously replicas because I don't think the R107 could take the wide wheels that the R230 comes from the factory with.

Point is that it looked too forced. Didn't look bad. Just didn't look right.

·
Registered
Mercedes 500E & CLK32K
511 Posts
Mercedes S class wheels and wheels made post 2003 use 14mm lugs. The W124 uses 12mm lugs. Of course you can use these wheels, but from experience, expect problems. Have seen several cars with vibration problems and/or weird clunking noises traced back to this particular issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts