Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about a new Vito, and wondered if anyone has driven a new 113 or 116. Any thoughts please.

·
Registered
2015 114 Bluetec Long, 2005 Vito 111CDi XLWB, 2003 E55 AMG, 2002 Vito 108CDi, 2002 ML55
332 Posts
12 hours isn't very long to wait for an answer to that kind of question mate. Have a little patience and I'm sure someone will reply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a 53 plate 111 that I had done 117K miles in, and I went and test drove a 116 demonstrator. I was disapointed with the difference in power. I expected the 116 to be alot faster than my 111.
It was alot quieter but still had issues that my 111 had like second gear stiffness when cold.

I then went a test drove a 09 120. Guess which one I bought for alot less money? I did have to think about it carefully as I was scared of the fuel consumption.Yes it is the 120 and its only a couple of mpg worse than my 111. I think this is due to the diff being alot higher geared and the 111 reving its nuts off at 70mph.

All I can say is its very easy to test drive the new van as most dealers have one in.

Regards Carl

·
Registered
80 Posts
i've driven a 113, 116 and 122. Massive improvement on the previous engine range.
Front end has been completely redesigned and steering is a lot lighter, small bumps in the road are almost non existent, (hit a reflector in the first version and it was like you run over a brick), that terrible exhaust drone is gone from the 4cyl at 60km/h, economy is better, steering wheel controls are standard here (australia) and are a godsend along with the built in bluetooth (standard on 113 and above here),
the 122 boosts a lot earlier and goes like a bat out of hell for only a 20hp difference.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I've driven a 113 today and ........well.......engines a bit quieter. Steering a bit lighter, economy looks like it could be better, and the 136 bhp engine compares well against my 150bhp 115 Sport. They are now fully galvanized, but I've heard that before, and it all felt tight and solid..........but........

The gearbox is still sh1t. Still a crunch when going into second, warm or cold.
What will it be like in a years time? I've had lots of vehicles over the years,and done lots of miles in them, and the thing that has impressed me (certainly over the last 10 yrs) is that after 3 yrs or so and 100k they have all still driven like new. But unfortunately not this Vito of mine. Nearly 3 yrs old,57k and driving like a bag of very loose bolts. It's not like its had a very tough life. Its basically a family estate car, spending most of its life on the motorway at 70mph.

And thats whats worrying me....enough to book a drive of a T5.

·
Registered
2013 vito 113, 2012 Vito Sport X
61 Posts
Andy, 122 superb, had an auto sport for a week while ours was been bodged, did not like the auto with the 160 engine, it always felt like it was swapping between gears, and not very smooth at that, when they took that back they sent us a 113 compact manual, it goes OK but the seats are awful, gearbox feels OK on this one, done 17K. Following the debacle with our sport x think the demo T5 might be coming to us after you.

Mark

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy, 122 superb, had an auto sport for a week while ours was been bodged, did not like the auto with the 160 engine, it always felt like it was swapping between gears, and not very smooth at that, when they took that back they sent us a 113 compact manual, it goes OK but the seats are awful, gearbox feels OK on this one, done 17K. Following the debacle with our sport x think the demo T5 might be coming to us after you.

Mark
Money, economy, and apart from the V6, no one has a good word to say about them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts