Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have tried a multitude of websites and still can't seem to get consistent information for the following VIN:

WDB12604412000626

Anyone care to help me? I am so lost right now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Haha yea this car likes to confuse a lot of people, I had a hell of a time getting the DOT and EPA to find the original import papers for this vehicle.

Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
WDB1240502B093196

Just bought a new 124 300CE
Looking online for data cards and all possible info I could gather for my record on the car
whats the best website for looking up part numbers ??

all information would be highly appreciated. Thankssssss :Grin

Attachments

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
1,234 Posts
Thank you :)
How do I get my own epc ? Is it a software / app ?
It is software from Mercedes. To get it and install it, you will need to be familiar with the more "grey" areas of the internet, such as Torrents, etc.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Torrents I can find
Is there a specific epc for every car ?
Or do I just find the latest one ?
I have three 124s and one 126 so I basically need information on these cars only

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
It doesn't work that way. You need EPC Full 02.2016 (4 discs) , then 08.2016 Update (1 disc). You need a very fast internet connection to download this. It is close to 40 Gigs. You also need software that can mount image files, like PowerIso or UltraIso or similar.

·
Registered
203 Posts
oooooo !!
that is serious stuff
good information guys, really appreciate it
My internet at the moment sucks so cant imagine even trying to download 40Gigs, it would take me forever...
will look into it once I'm upgraded, hopefully end of this month
for now I have the BenzWorld Family for all questions and information... this community and everyone single person here is awesome
Thank you everyone

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
1,234 Posts
FWIW: It doesn't have to be all that serious. I picked up an old refurb IBM T42 Thinkpad on eBay for $49 (top of the line back in its day!). Installed a small SSD drive and Windows XP. I have a Western Digital 1TB external I use for all the data. All in all, it cost me around $250 and it's my dedicated Mercedes PC. EPC, WIS and Star/Xentry. Not hard at all, and it works perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
FWIW: It doesn't have to be all that serious. I picked up an old refurb IBM T42 Thinkpad on eBay for $49 (top of the line back in its day!). Installed a small SSD drive and Windows XP. I have a Western Digital 1TB external I use for all the data. All in all, it cost me around $250 and it's my dedicated Mercedes PC. EPC, WIS and Star/Xentry. Not hard at all, and it works perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not bad at all :grin

·
Banned
16 Posts
all information would be highly appreciated. Thankssssss :Grin
It can be to take advantage of online services for viewing such information? I know such http://vincheck.expert/ website, where is possible to check up VIN number and get all accessible information about a car.
it can be someone will advise other interesting and reliable exactly online services? Advise! Because set different software on a computer isn't desirable.:smile

·
Registered
203 Posts
It can be to take advantage of online services for viewing such information? I know such http://vincheck.expert/ website, where is possible to check up VIN number and get all accessible information about a car.
it can be someone will advise other interesting and reliable exactly online services? Advise! Because set different software on a computer isn't desirable.:smile
I tried my VIN number on this website and it didn't work :frown

·
Purple Moderator
21,649 Posts
I entered the VIN for my E500 wagon and it had the suspension wrong, the interior color wrong and a lot of missing data.

Very strange.

141 - 160 of 197 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
196 Replies
115 Participants
cmitch
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing