Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2001 ML430 a few things need to be fixed including the stereo replacement. The installation is pretty straight forward till you get to the security code. Ww do not have a Mercedes dealer around here there is one about 3 hours away but pretty much if ur car didn't come from them or cost 100.000 they don't really have time for you. I am sure someone here has dealt with this.

·
Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
181 Posts
You should be able to get it from the dealer with the VIN number, however it has to be the VIN number from the original car/radio, not your car.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will see if we can figure that out the radio was bought used so I am hoping I can get the info needed. Thanks by the way

·
Registered
2015 ML250 Bluetec | 2019 GLC 300 | Prev: | 2002 ML 500 Sport Edition :( | 2012 C250 | 1998 C230
984 Posts
We will see if we can figure that out the radio was bought used so I am hoping I can get the info needed. Thanks by the way
A million posts around here about obtaining the radio code -- use google for the search directed at the forum website Can't reference one right now.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
181 Posts
Any reputable seller should be able to source the VIN number for you, if not, there are always aftermarket options considering how old the radios are.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I got a 2001 ML430 a few things need to be fixed including the stereo replacement. The installation is pretty straight forward till you get to the security code. Ww do not have a Mercedes dealer around here there is one about 3 hours away but pretty much if ur car didn't come from them or cost 100.000 they don't really have time for you. I am sure someone here has dealt with this.
Try this

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I use it, never had a problem.. What I want to know is: What's up with your flag Khomer?
My vpn connection when working on my servers in the UK and EU, on my other computer.
I forget sometimes when I mix work n personal at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts