Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes Benz 300TD Station Wagon
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought and drove it home a used 1982 300TD station wagon, two weeks ago. Everything works, well sort of, mileage 200720, broken speedometer, no smoke, and it actually drives pretty nice for a 30 year old car. Not perfect but okay.

My wife isn't too happy about me buying the car but I think once I get everything fixed and it purrs like a kitten, she'll change her mind.

I changed the oil and filter, had the brake fluid flushed, Cleaned and lubed two of the power windrows, two more to go. Washed and vacuumed it out, I found lots of dry dog food under one to the seats. i have lots of little things to fix myself and I'm sure a couple of fixes that the shop is going to do. Btw...I have a shop appointment next Friday for a installation of a new windrow regulator, mine has teeth missing in a couple of places, plus get a hopefully short laundry list of things to fix.

I want to make the car my daily driver in town and yes...out of town too!

Attaching a couple of pictures of my German bucket of lovable bolts!

Any thoughts, opinions or advice is always welcome! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1981 W123 300D non turbo, 1992 190E 1.8 <=> 2.0
6,561 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes-Benz 300TD
871 Posts
Very cool car. Just to let you know, window regulators are very easy to replace yourself. I don't know how much the shops charging but just know its an easy DIY job. :)

·
Registered
1985 300TD On the road! and too many Dodges to list!
367 Posts
Very Nice. That's much cleaner than the one I just picked up. :)

Good luck with it. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts