Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
02 ML55, 00 ML430 & 01 E430 4matic All Silver+Black
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I never thought I would be checking w210 forums. I have been on 163 (M-Class) forums since 2000 when I bought our ML-430. It is a great car.
We only have 58K miles on her. My wife likes it very much.
Now! Why am I here?
I just bought an E320, 2000 over the eBay with every single option on it except parking sensors. Navigation system was top priority since I can no longer drive a car without it!!!!
It is Tan color, with tan interior. Airbags everywhere! Navigation, heated seats, rain sensor, xenon lights. Too many to list.
There two downsides. The car was involved in a minor accident and was partially painted. But the paint job is near perfect. The accident is in the
Carfax also. Second thing is that it is 119K miles. But engine is quiet, shifts smooth and did a very rough test drive to check and see if the transmissions slips when shifting. It is solid. I just wanted to share this with you. I have been checking this forum for about three weeks. It is very useful with tons of information. Thanks to everyone sharing their
experience. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will put some.
Regards
(I think I was born in a Mercedes Benz. :) Bu t I know I grew up in Mercedes Benz. I always drove Mercedes Benz and will be doing the same rest of my life, hopefully! )
Ozcan

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
It's just another car. A pretty nice one though, I would agree, but don't we all have just a bit of S-class envy?

I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Matt for your reply.
S class is not my type yet! At least for now. I think it would be too confortable for me!
Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
SWEET Nice ride my friend. Clean if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay? R u planning on upgrading the rims?

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Yep, looks loaded and who wants ParkTronic anyway? - the holes in the bumpers are ugly and that's a woman's option! Just joking for the most part, but I test drove an S500 with ParkTronic (that had belonged to a woman) and the darn thing was going off all the time, I don't think I ever tried to park it.

Welcome and Congratulations!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Slybydesign and Musikmann.
It was $11K.. I picked it up in NJ and drove all the way down to Florida where I am located temporarily. The drive was very smoooooth! I am hoping to keep it this way.
The dealer also replaced front shocks without any charge. The only missing items are 1-the second key and spare blade key 2-navigation cd’s. I found out that the key will cost me around $130.00 from this forum. A friend of mine said he has Nav CD’s and will send them to me.
Parktronic is for the Europeans!!! Where they have no room for parking! He he
Who needs them here!! :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Acarter53. Just saw your comment.
The wheels are on my wish list!
(By the way the tires are also new)

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
I have the same wheels that you do Ozcan. Those are the only think I don't like about my car. $11,000? WOW, you got a pretty good deal my friend ;)

By the way, another option that I don't have are the front multicontour seats, and acarter53 and I have just been discussing those. Does you car have them?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As far as I know the seats are regular. Can you tell me more about multicontour seats? Is it like seats found in sports cars?

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
If you have those, there are some switches on the hard part of the lower seat. I don't know much about them, other than they are supposed to offer greater support and were standard on the E55 of those years, so in that sense yes, the E55 was definitely a sports car. ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now I understand it. Here is a picture I found. This must be what you are telling me. No I don't have these seats and controls. I found this picture from an E55

Attachments

·
Registered
Oo == oO 98 E320
674 Posts
Great Car!! Good example of a 7y/o Benz with miles that still looks & I'll bet drives like a new car!
Multicontour seats have been around a long time. As best as I recall they're about $500, available for each front seat and have their controls on the side of the seat by the console. They control side bolsters & lumbar. Nice to have & a bit rare, much more likely seen on special order cars.

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
Once again congrads on the ride, you have a ton of options in her. The only thing I would do now is rims, besides that wow.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for a very warm welcome. I also appreciate the info + experience sharing here. Mercedes Benz Forums rock! :)
My favorite color on Benz is Silver with charcoal inside. But think Tan + tan looks nice too. I started liking it. Very classy.
I am now trying to figure out what mods I may apply. The rims are on the list.
I don’t want to add more chrome since it has plenty already.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Mods

ozcan said:
I am now trying to figure out what mods I may apply. The rims are on the list.
I think the blue illuminated door sills are nice but they cost almost $800 for a pair now (they just went up a couple of hundred). Plus I think you have to install the necessary wiring, or have it done.

I'd still like to have the OEM rims that came with the E3 sports package, but I won't until I can find them for less than I've seen quoted thus far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts