Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 91 MB 190E 2.6, and I love it. I want to keep up on all the maintence needed, but I am not sure what it needs and when. I was thinking of buying an owners manuel from e-bay, but I wanted to check with other owners first to see what they say. My car has 127,200 mile on it and runs great. It seems to have a short in the front interior light. I say that because when I kept it on while I drove it turned on and then worked for the rest of the drive but as soon as I got back in it, it wouldn't come back on. My sunroof works and is not affected at all. Also my hazards don't work. Besides that there is nothing wrong with the interior. The leather is near perfect and everything else works. the body is in pretty good shape too. I do have a small pin size rust spot on the passenger side rear panel that looks like it is new.

If anyone has any information on maintence; such as oil changes and where to get it worked on, please let me know. I want to keep this car for as long as possible. Any other advise is welcome. I don't know much but want to learn as much as possible and who better to learn from then owners themselves. Thanks.

·
Registered
190E 3.0
342 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Oil change should be every 6'000 miles many people change it sooner though. I think air filter and spark plugs every 18'000 miles and auto gearbox oil and filter and fuel filter every 36'000 miles.. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Most of the servicing you should be able to do yourself however the 2.6 is a squeeze and can be a little awkward at times but it's hard not to love that engine. Do you have pics of the car?

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your knowledge. I don't have pic's yet, but I will try to get some on here Sunday or Monday. I was going to put pics. up sooner but ut's been raining here since WED. I have owned the car for a week now and I am already in love with it. I was going to buy a 68 Mustang Fastback and have it be my project car, but now I am changing my mind.

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picture

:eek: Just seeing if my picture comes up now when I reply or post. I haven't done much but put new tires in her. I am geting new rims and tires later and I'll put those pictures up when I get them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts