Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 C300 Sport 4matic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am kind of new to all of this car mod stuff, but I have decent knowledge about cars. I pretty much have a stock 2010 Mercedes c300 Sport 4MAtic automatic. Everything is stock and I want to make my car sound cool. And I think the only way to do that (not in a ghetto way) is to put an exhaust system on my car. I would like some suggestions on your favorite exhaust systems and various types. Whats good for the price high and low. I have heard the x-pipe exhaust system and it sounds amazing, but I feel like it kind of sounds like the g-37 and the catback is also kind of cool. Im all ears guys :D

·
Registered
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
1,021 Posts
Start with a resonator delete and x-pipe swap with your stock exhaust. Straights are too raspy, and H doesn't sound quite right. If you're happy with that, you'd done. If not, then you'll want to move to a full exhaust swap. You have several choices here, but the most popular are Eisenmann, Meisterschaft, Remus, Akrapovic, Brabus, Wald, etc. Price ranges from $1000-3000. Some of those offer quad tip options which you can use with a simple diffuser and bracket swap to C63 setup. There are also universal exhausts like Magnaflow which I've heard, but it's not as refined imo.

This is a clip of the Meisterschaft exhaust that I have on mine.

·
Registered
2010 C300 Sport 4matic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!! big help man! now the x-pipe i have to get for my car have to 2.25" right?

·
Registered
2008 C350 Blk with Gray (sold), 2011 E550 Cab, 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera/Targa 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback
230 Posts
yup. 2.25. Most exhaust shops will have universal x pipes around. I'm using a Magnaflow Tru-X. Your resonator will be longer than most x-pipes however, so the muffler shop will be welding extention pipes to make up the difference.
Once the parts are ordered and delivered, can any decent muffler shop do this kind of mod/install or do you need to be very careful as to who does this sort of work. Forgive my ignorance but I have never had any of my exhaust systems changed in the past and if I start on this car i want it to be done correctly along with everything else! Yours sounds quite nice btw!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts