Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've been thinking about the clk430 and by chance my father purchased one for a great deal and I'm thinking about taking over his payments.

It is black 2002 clk430 convertible with 60,000 miles. I would like to know from the experienced, what kind of issues I'll be having down the line.

I heard about the catyallic converter issues and was thinking about putting in a test pipe but am wondering about the ecu issues I might have. Otherwise how much would it be (assuming benzworld.com has vendors)

Also edmunds shows that some people have issues with the mass air flow censor and would like to know your experiences with it, if you've even had any problems.

If you can chime in on any kind of advice or knowledge, I would really appreciate it. Thank you:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mass airflow sensor, crank position sensor and defective motor mounts seem to be the largest concern. I purchased a CLK320 a month ago and already am replacing the motor mounts at 87K on the odometer.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
MAF, CPS and engine mounts are a common wear and tear replacement at 80K and, if you are mechanically inclined not that difficult. There are instructions in the DIY section.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Only had to change engine mounts myself...been a gem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts