Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got round to picking my self up a 4x4 always fancied one but always seemed to end up in sports or high powered executive cars, i never really considered an ML till a friend of mine suggested there worth a look and im glad i did i picked up a 430ML with LPG kit fitted (makes very economical to drive) picked it up 10 days ago i always seems to pick up cars that need a little work as im a motor mechanic i seem to always get a much better deal that way, my current ML needed minor body work for a couple of very small rust scabs and there was a small coolant leak that turned out to be a lose hose clip also the paint was very flat due to living its life being washed in car washes which a quick whip over with a machine polishes soon rectified i then fitted a set of EGR fender flares which were an awesome fit, i then turn my attention to the dated interior (walnut dash) and re-covered it with 3D carbon vinyl looks great now IMO then today had the windows were re-tinted due to some of the standard tints being removed because they got scratched.

Here's how it looked when i picked it up

Here's the arches in the spray shop:

here's with the arches fitted:

and here's some interior before's and after pics:

Any way thats it for now but much more to come

Wheels 20's or 22's
new head lights
rear roof spoiler
window visors
and im sure there will be more......

·
Registered
-2002 ML 500
24 Posts
Looks really good....
We bought a -2002 ML500 just about a week ago so I know what you're talking about..
Got it at a good price but it needs some lovin'..
This place makes the difference though... Everything you need to know is here...
Welcome!!!! And share more pic's along the way...

·
Registered
03 ML350
250 Posts
dpbayly; i then fitted a set of EGR fender flares which were an awesome fit said:
great job on the fenders, but I think you're in for bigger tires with less ET if you're really looking for the agresive look.

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I will be changing the wheels to larger ones with a lower ET to fill the arches more falling that larger wheels and just getting my brother-in-law to knock me up some hub centric spacers...

·
Registered
2002 ML(163) 400 CDI, ,, 1986 Citroen 2cv,
87 Posts
I have a couple of questions regarding the flares.
1.Who is dealer for these?
2. Are they solid fibreglas or shells?
3. Do they look out of place without wider tires?
4. How are they attached?

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,753 Posts
I got my fender flares from the dealer, had them paint them and I installed them.
Back in late 98 when we got the 99 ML 430 they were only $550 painted. I can only
imagine what they are now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts