Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys-

So I ran into a funny situation today. I was given a 1978 MB 450 SEL. Well given is a loose term, it was hush money to stop a law suit. My suit was less than I figure the car is worth. Well I hope any ways.

How do I find more resources on the car? Where can I check the value? She is a real good looking var, just not my flavor. I am hoping for a trade on a muscle car or an old rod project.

IT is light blue with tan interior. Perfect interior and a cancer free body and pans. 151k miles on OD. I jumped in and she turned right over.

What got me was that it is an unleaded v8. Can anyone tell me the displacement or engine specs on it? I have no idea on the MB specs.

Please post or email me. I need the education into the world of MB. And can someone explain the class series for me? W116? I have no clue what that means.

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
What is the VIN number? That will give us a wealth of information about the car.

Also posting some photos would also be a good idea to spot things about it that may be non standard and or modified.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts