Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the forum and am selling my Unimog and am curious if any of you Moggers have ever sold your Mog to a interested party who is getting a loan from a 3rd party bank. The last thing I want to do is waste my time and loose out on more potential customers. Any of you have any advice or experience to share?

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,827 Posts
Easiest way to go about it is to decided on a price and then set up an escrow account. That way they pay the account and not you so no one can say boo about not getting a receipt or funny numbers.

The second part of the deal is to set up a time table; they agree to pay X money on Y date with balance to be paid by Z date else truck is re-listed for sale and money refunded. No one likes sitting on a pile of someones money, waiting for a balance that will never come but also being unable to sell the item because you have a deposit. But to be fair you can include a clause saying they the initial buyer has right of first refusal dependent on paying half the balance due to bind the sale or extend the deadline.

So if you put money down and I call and want to buy in full, the seller has to contact you and say hey I have another buyer, if you still want it, I need half the balance otherwise here's your money back, good luck finding another truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts