Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190D
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently a friend gave my brother her 1985 190D. The alarm needs to be reset, so the radio will work. We located where in the car the alarm components are, but we are not sure how to reset it.

My friend said that at the dealership they use a special tool and it take about two seconds to do it. We can't take it to the dealership, because it has no plates, while we restore it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dawn

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Recently a friend gave my brother her 1985 190D. The alarm needs to be reset, so the radio will work. We located where in the car the alarm components are, but we are not sure how to reset it.

My friend said that at the dealership they use a special tool and it take about two seconds to do it. We can't take it to the dealership, because it has no plates, while we restore it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dawn
Since it has no plates while you restore it, why do you need the radio to work? Unless I am missing something (which is very likely, help me out), I would wait until I finished the restoration and had plates, then drive it to the dealer to be fixed in two seconds!

-s-

·
Registered
190D
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because....

My brother, in collaboration with his auto technology shop teachers, are restoring it, and he is 15 years old. 15 year old like to have the radio.

Also, can anyone tell me what is the best repair manual to order for this car, 190D?
K.
[:)]

·
Registered
MB 190e 2.3 8v(W201)
85 Posts
hey where in mass. are you??? to reset the alarm just jump the battery...also before you p...

hey where in mass. are you??? to reset the alarm just jump the battery...also before you put the key in the ignition, go out of your car and lock the door (from the driverside front) and unlock it. then it will be all clear to turn the key a little not running just so you can open windows(if power) and you'll see the radio say code or something like that, enter the 6 digit code and turn the car on, it should be all set from there. if the car alarm goes off just turn off the car the alarm will still go but quickly lock and unlock again...u wont have to reset the radio code...sometimes after the first lock and unlock the alarm will still go off, but as soon as the second lock and unlock it wont go off(unless u jump the car again or put in a new battery)

this all should help you guys...

Scott
<--- 1992 190e 2.3l

·
Registered
190D
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I will pass this info on to my brother!! The only problem that I see, is that I don't know if he has the radio code but we will give this a try!

Thanks again,
K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts