Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 230E
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all... just bought myself a 92 230E... here are a few pics after i cleaned up the paint (had swirls and slight hologramming from a crappy detail job)... i am looking to do some exterior and performance mods... with your help

·
Premium Member
About a dozen 1988, 1989, 1990, and 1991 sedans, wagons, 4Matics and 1 coupe
5,462 Posts
Looks very nice, very clean. I'm sure that you'll love it. The 124 is rock solid. Looking at the front end on that car tells me that I really should get some Euro headlamps for my 88s.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi macfights... i suppose you're from bulgaria.. how is the car? how much did u pay? (in euro if u can) do u have other benz? Great looking car.. enjoy it :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah my fault... i don't know why i was thinking of bulgaria, cause bulgaria has BG on the license plate... :) Anyway, the paint looks great. Some interior? :D

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Very nice, very clean :cool:
It is getting harder and harder to find W124's in this condition so well done! The roads in Europe do help a little :)

·
Registered
92 230E
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Proof_ro said:
Hi macfights... i suppose you're from bulgaria.. how is the car? how much did u pay? (in euro if u can) do u have other benz? Great looking car.. enjoy it :D

i am living in belgium... i actually found the car for a steal aorund 2500euro... it has 208K on the odometer... i will be doing more work on the paint this weekdn and detail the inside before i show pics of it... it has really retro plaid cloth seats with wood grain dash inlays... i love this thing...

i had to go to germany today for an appointment and i drove it 160-180kms the whole way on the autobahn...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1994 E320 (W124) 4-Door Sedan
332 Posts
I like that the paint looks like it's still in the original condition. Good Job on the waxing.:thumbsup:

Is that a Sportline badge on the front-right cladding? It does look like it sits lower and closer to the tires.

Also notice the kilt style interior, or is it checkered?

Very nice and clean.

·
Registered
92 230E
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes sir... it's a sportline badge... and yep it's plaid on the interior...

thanks on the comliments about the detail job... i started out by cleaning it with Dawn dishsoap to remove all the old build up... then i clay barred it... hit it with a polish... then wax and finally glaze... i am going to hit it up with another wax and glaze job this weekend (i hope.. i have another detail job yo do first)

·
Registered
1994 E320 (W124) 4-Door Sedan
332 Posts
macfights said:
...Dawn dishsoap to remove all the old build up...
That's like an old car detailer trick to remove old grease, oil, and wax by using dishwashing soap, preferably Dawn, the grease cutter...LOL!!!

A chamois is another trick to stripping old wax from the paint, but you have to condition the chamois and let it soak in soap(Dawn) and warm water an hour before using it. This also loosens up the debrit from the chamois and avoiding any scratching to you paint.

Saw your post to MBWorld.org, welcome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts