Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 E300D
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked her up last weekend in North Carolina. There are 157K miles on the clock and there has only been one owner before me. They serviced the car frequently at a MB dealer while they owned it. I was able to get a lot of info from the dealer and the car has been very well maintained, tho the head gasket and condensor have not been replaced. This is my first diesel and my first MB.

There is something addicting about driving this car and I have been looking for any excuse to go driving this week.

Thank you to every one on this forum for your help. The information here has been very valuable.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 Mercedes-Benz E300D - RIP 6-2007 (death by flood)
63 Posts
Did you buy this car on e-bay? It looks familiar! VERY nice ride! :)

·
Registered
Oo == oO 98 E320
674 Posts
Beautiful car! Let's hear it for MB & their great vinyl seats, MB-Tex! Did ya'll know it has come back as standard on the '07 E-class? It's perforated just like the leather so Ms. Socialite will never know the difference.

·
Registered
95 E300D
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
deanyel said:
And inside there's that great petroleum smell to remind you that you will never wear out the upholstery.
Is it kind of a waxy smell?

johnamoss said:
Beautiful car! Let's hear it for MB & their great vinyl seats, MB-Tex! Did ya'll know it has come back as standard on the '07 E-class? It's perforated just like the leather so Ms. Socialite will never know the difference.
Maybe I should have posted more of the exterior? The MB Tex doesn't bother me that much, there are pros and cons to it. Leather is has it perks to but there is more involved in maintaining it and keeping it clean plus it wears down on the bolsters.

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI, 1995 E300D, 2002 Avalanche
1,485 Posts
Congrats, I never get tired of driving my E300D no matter how long the trip. I am sure you will have years of happy ownership. Welcome aboard!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts