Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2010 ML diesel and have 3 questions so far:
1. the bluetooth system doesn't recognize my (oldish) Blackberry Bold 9700 - the dealer guy is trying to convince me that there are no software updates that will fix this. Can that be possible? (the 'old style' BT in my 08 recognized it just fine)
2. the acceleration is pathetic. My 08 ML CDI (recent accident totaled it) and my 05 E320 CDI (yes, I know it's lighter) were/are vastly better accelerating from a standing start, or downshifting and accelerating while moving. Is there some strange difference in tubo-lag in the '10s? or is there some transmission/turbo software 'learning' that needs to be reset? I find that if I manually down shift, I can get much better response.
3. I'm considering getting a snow tire and wheel package from Tire Rack (likely 17s or 18s). Would anyone like to share their opinions and experiences? Are there any issues with not installing TPMS in the snow tire/wheel?

·
Registered
449 Posts
It has to be the trans learning your driving style.
Drive it like you stole it for a while and see what results.
How many miles on it? Is it warranteed?
Sorry, I can't help on the blue tooth issue.
good luck

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have read here about others having similar bluetooth problems. Visseo bluetooth is supose to be upgradable but I have read about big problems with that system as well. Makes me cranky because my Chevy Silverado has a factory bluetooth system that works beautifully and I cant find a reliable system for my ML. I would gladly pay the 300 bucks but only if I know it is going to work.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
My two cents on the Visseo BT puck.....I bought it last February and it has worked flawlessly since. I had an iPhone 3GS originally then upgraded to the iPhone 4S a few weeks ago. No issue with the Visseo at all on either phone. Although different results vary, I figured it was worth trying instead of the more expensive Mercedes puck.

+1 on the tranny learning your driving style. I don't have the CDI, but my gas version changes it's shifting characteristics if I drive it like an old lady or like I stole it. It adapts well enough.

·
Registered
47 Posts
check your phone before you check the benz... or just upgrade the phone.. AS far as the accleration I have a 2010 blutech and shes a monster out the whole... I wrote something up on tires for the winter also. Im gonna go with offroad tires with 17 inch rims.. Just trying to figure out what size to get....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for the review on the Visseo. I use a Blackberry and the wife uses an Iphone. I may give it a try. I see used ones on Ebay but I think it better to buy a new one just in case of problems.

Scott

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just bought a 2010 ML diesel and have 3 questions so far:
1. the bluetooth system doesn't recognize my (oldish) Blackberry Bold 9700 - the dealer guy is trying to convince me that there are no software updates that will fix this. Can that be possible? (the 'old style' BT in my 08 recognized it just fine)

2. the acceleration is pathetic. My 08 ML CDI (recent accident totaled it) and my 05 E320 CDI (yes, I know it's lighter) were/are vastly better accelerating from a standing start, or downshifting and accelerating while moving. Is there some strange difference in tubo-lag in the '10s? or is there some transmission/turbo software 'learning' that needs to be reset? I find that if I manually down shift, I can get much better response.
3. I'm considering getting a snow tire and wheel package from Tire Rack (likely 17s or 18s). Would anyone like to share their opinions and experiences? Are there any issues with not installing TPMS in the snow tire/wheel?
My solution:
As for (1), solved ALL problems (BT, video-in-motion, Garmin maps,playing music through USB/BT,...) with aftermarket unit (Kenwood DNX9140)

As for (2), I put Kleeman KD Box - it is working great on 2008 ML320 but as I understand, it is not option for 2009 and up ...It is reason why I stayed with 'older' model (on top of bluetec crap)

As for winter, I bought 235/65-R17 (Pirelli) - go to Tirerack and check prices along with tires what it could fit your place (tire for Florida is not same as tire for Canada :)) The smaller tires (17 vs 19'') provide a much nicer ride than my original tire. Also, the smaller tire could put some discrepancy in fuel and speed gauge but it is very well known topic.

Also, I bought wheels - 17x8 Rial DF Silver from TireRack (149$ each)

·
Registered
117 Posts
you got me curious about the Kenwood. any down sides ? Lose any features like steering wheel controls ? got any pics ? My factory radio is basically just a very big and expensive aux input device. before I buy a Visseo I think I should research this option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts