Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New to me 2001 ML 320

1283 Views 47 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  04ML500
I have always wanted one and finally found a single owner with some miles but great shape. I leaks anywhere. Originally an Arizona car.
couple of questions that I have?

nav- states not installed. The only slot I have behind screen is cassette. I do have a multi cd cartridge in rear. Can I get nav for this ML with what I have? Or just swap stereo for newer? Also Bose system.
Also missing a piece from rear bumper. Can anyone tell me what it is? See pics.
Also owner couldn’t find cars handbook. eBay?

thanks for the reply’s

Attachments

Reactions: ed7c9 and khomer2
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· W163 and General M Gremlin
15,931 Posts
+2 on changing the oem HU.
You probably have FO (fiber optic) Bose. You'll need to by-pass the proprietary FO amp system, etc OR do the loop-da-loop on the FO cable when swapping.

ML55amg wheels? maybe?
Find yourself some ML55 amg 18" wheels and keep those for winter shoes.

Please Complete your Profile by adding the year and model of your car, so it will show next to every future post under your avatar.

15,931 Posts
Bose amp has to be gutted (literally) - that's what I did in my situation and re-purposed the shell and it's oem connectors.
Goto the w163 sticky's - lots of great info in there
post # 18

Reactions: tpdtopcop

15,931 Posts

15,931 Posts
meh, color match the code or sample, with a suicide can (you can buy custom matches, I do, when needed - doesn't cost that much more) or add a trailer hitch back there with a step bar.
I hate drivers who can't parallel park. If they want to damage there bumpers.... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts