Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 C240
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed very that few people post or review the C240.
However,I just purchased a low milage '03 C240 for a great price! I was originally looking to puchase a BMW 330 or 525, but I couldn't walk away from this deal.
So far, I am very pleased with the car, however I would like to add some more personality to the car and I'm looking for suggestions. Unfortunately the car does not have Bi-Xenon lights which I would really like. However, reading some of the posts it appears to cost double what it costs as a factory installed option. There is a site HIDfactory which offers a compromize. Anyone familiar with their products?
In addition, I would like to add the Elegance grill and would like to know if I would be able to install it myself without difficultly.
And, lastly the most know "complaint" the low HP. What type of modifications could be made to the car that really work?
Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Welcome...

I've noticed very that few people post or review the C240.
I did a review on a C240 Classic a little while ago. You can see it here:

http://www.benzworld.org/news/news.asp?id=132

Unfortunately the car does not have Bi-Xenon lights which I would really like. However, reading some of the posts it appears to cost double what it costs as a factory installed option. There is a site HIDfactory which offers a compromize. Anyone familiar with their products?
Performance Products, one of our sponsors, sells the Bi-Xenon headlamp assemblies. You may want to check out their website. Other companies out there only have retrofits, which are not ideal at all (and illegal to boot).

In addition, I would like to add the Elegance grill and would like to know if I would be able to install it myself without difficultly.
Firstly, I assume that you're in Canada and you have the Classic style grill? The grill isn't difficult to change at all.

·
Registered
2003 C240
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Drew!

Thanks for the Response. I am actually in the USA, Georgia specifically.
I en...

Hi Drew!

Thanks for the Response. I am actually in the USA, Georgia specifically.
I enjoyed your review.
My options on the car are Leather, C2 package, and Automatic Transmission.
It came with the 16" MXV4 tires. I will probably like to go to 17" rims & tires.
I was debating getting the windows tinted and have decided that I will. Now, I just need to decide what type and to what degree.

·
Registered
C240 W203 Avantgarde
47 Posts
Thanks for the review, Drew. It feels good to read such nice things about one's car from a...

Thanks for the review, Drew. It feels good to read such nice things about one's car from a knowlegeable person.

It is, overall, a smooth baby.

[:D]

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
Nicole,

do you mind to update your preference, like show your location. So, just in case someone maybe in your area are also a BW member can help you out someday. Also, are you a guy or a gal[:D][:D][:D]sorry for asking because quite a few in this board using a gal name but actually they are a guy[:)][8D]That's all and welcome aboard[:D][:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts