Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E320 4Matic Estate
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, Geoff here, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. [:)] I've recently inherited a 1982 300DT from my grandfather. He was the only owner and kept most of the maintanence records since new. The car has a little over 270k miles and seems to be in pretty good mechanical condition. However, the interior is certainly going to need some work. I plan on restoring the car back to near new condition as my personal tribute to my grandfather and using it as a second car. That being said, I love the forum and look forward to eliciting input from everyone during the restoration process.

Geoff

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,180 Posts
new to the forum - not for long!

welcome! - we will do our best to help you - and im not going to be the first to tell you this...we love pictures!

jake

A

·
0 Posts
if u dont already have the first stage, be sure to send off to MB for ur high mileage award badge for the grill. u only have a few more k miles to go, and u get the second stage one already. 315k miles, 500,000 kilometer. keep her up, do valve adjusting jobs alot, and she may grant u the 1,000,000 mile mark, and all its glory.

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo
1,606 Posts
welcome[8D]

don't forget to browse the 'online tech help' thread at the top here..wealth of info there!

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Welcome to the board! I too inherited my car from relatives, and like you it was my grandfather's car.

Make yourself at home, there are tons of info about the cars already covered. If you can't find it, make a search, I'm sure it will pop up. If not then ask us. [;)]

Goodluck! Good go have you "on board" [:D]

·
Registered
1982 300 CDT
22 Posts
AMSOIL300CDT - 3/30/2005 11:56 PM

if u dont already have the first stage, be sure to send off to MB for ur high mileage award badge for the grill. u only have a few more k miles to go, and u get the second stage one already. 315k miles, 500,000 kilometer. keep her up, do valve adjusting jobs alot, and she may grant u the 1,000,000 mile mark, and all its glory.
What does one actually send to MB? What is the requirement for first stage? I've never heard of this before. I've only got 221,000 on mine, though. [:)]

A

·
0 Posts
iv got 218k on my coupe, and 198k on the 4 door. enough for stage one, 250,000km,155,000miles. go to MBUSA.com , click to mercedes classic, and there u can download the application in PDF format. print it, fill it out, and ride to ur nearest benz center, so they can sign it, verifiying ur mileage is real. then wait a while and boom, u got a new emblem for ur grill.

http://benzworld.org/gallery/pics/128113830016311200543802PM.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts