Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
R129 98 sl 500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my clk 500 delivered feb 23rd 2005 looks real nice i like the stance of the amg 17"s
ne who has any one expirenced a strange hard jolt when car is first turned on in the morning coming out of the garage approaching ur first stop. its really difficult to explain, dealer said it was normal warm up process, other said it should only last for 700 miles or so ... 1149 now, still have it
it feels like the tranny is in some how sorta not cutting engine power to the wheels so it wants to keep going or something odd like that
also wondering about tv tuner add on to us command and if ne one wants to give me ne info on when the ipod adaptor will be in the local dealerships to partake in 7500 song goodness with a fully charged ipod, and if that removes the functionality of the aux input on the side of the glove box
and does anyone feel like their car understeers (or do i just not know how to drive?) <-- dont answer that lol

got a pic of my ride

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are referring to the longer than normal holding of 1st - 2nd gear engagement or the 2nd - 3rd gear engagement it is normal. Only when the engine/exhaust system is cold does this occur, this is part of the transmissions cold start program. The reason for delayed engagement of the next gear is so that the exhaust system warms up quicker/burns cleaner sooner. However, the gears should not jerk hard just with a sharp nod (subjective). Try using the comfort mode on the transmission gear shifter, perhaps that may smooth the cold shifts in the AM.

Personally, it does not bother me (I lease my vehicle). However if the behavior/logic changes it is a red flag for me. Once underway in the morning (in less than 30 sec.) the transmission is perfect, all day long! 7G-tronic is the best Automatic Transmission I have ever driven.[8D]

·
Registered
R129 98 sl 500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL one reply, thanks hey its a start
yeah my transmission has that holding of gears, only present in comfort mode, i have been driving in sport mode it is not as prevelant

·
Registered
'98 Toyota 4Runner
12 Posts
Dude - You comment about only getting 1 comment, and I try to offer an option to you, and you snub me?

Good luck with your search

1 - 7 of 7 Posts