Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 300 SE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all. About 3 yrs ago I had a 87 420 Sel that was wrecked :crybaby2: Anyway I just bought a 90 300 SE. After driving past this beauty for 3 months I finally talked the guy down from $2600 to $1900. As far as the overall condition, its mint. No scatches, no dents. Interior looks as though its brand new( Even Smells New). Im not sure of the history, as I got it from a dealer. Motor is super clean, no oil leaks, all electrical accesories work prfectly, heck even the tires look brand new too.. Any way the car has some mechanical issues.

1. Hard starting when cold. I believe its the cold start valve, as I had the same problem with my 87 420.

2. Trans is not going into OD on the highway. Not sure about this as I will have it looked at. The bone yard here in town has a wrecked 91 300 SE that I can pull the tranny from if mine is going out.

Other than the above it appears as thought the car was not abused. I found cheaper ones in the area, that looked like they were LIVED IN!!

Any way I am once again a Classy 126 Owner. :D

BTW: As soon as I get her up to par and cleaned up, I will post some pics of my new baby.. :thumbsup:

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
43,792 Posts
Hey all. About 3 yrs ago I had a 87 420 Sel that was wrecked :crybaby2: Anyway I just bought a 90 300 SE. After driving past this beauty for 3 months I finally talked the guy down from $2600 to $1900. As far as the overall condition, its mint. No scatches, no dents. Interior looks as though its brand new( Even Smells New). Im not sure of the history, as I got it from a dealer. Motor is super clean, no oil leaks, all electrical accesories work prfectly, heck even the tires look brand new too.. Any way the car has some mechanical issues.

1. Hard starting when cold. I believe its the cold start valve, as I had the same problem with my 87 420.

2. Trans is not going into OD on the highway. Not sure about this as I will have it looked at. The bone yard here in town has a wrecked 91 300 SE that I can pull the tranny from if mine is going out.

Other than the above it appears as thought the car was not abused. I found cheaper ones in the area, that looked like they were LIVED IN!!

Any way I am once again a Classy 126 Owner. :D

BTW: As soon as I get her up to par and cleaned up, I will post some pics of my new baby.. :thumbsup:
Have you tried a forum search? The archive has a wealth of information.

Welcome, to take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies.
It will show how to search the forum (3 words min.), and has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 280 se aut. ecc. - sold
1,607 Posts
No OD. I6's like to rev. But you probably found that out going through the archives...

gr J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts