Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
06'E350 wgn,05'E320 CDI,04'E320 wgn,85'300CD,67'230SL
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
Really great info and members on this Forum!
Just joined last week, and nearing 50 posts already. HaHa

First Benz was a 1984 190D 5-speed manual. Took that one to nearly 400,000 miles; then an employee at MB dealership made me an offer I couldn't refuse. That was a fun little car with the manual. Averaged over 40mpg.

I was a Factory Rep traveling 60K+/year so I love the diesels. Had a bunch of 123's (Still have a pristine 85 300CD), then 124's including an 87 300D I drove it to 175K, and 95 wagon logged to 185K (still have a beautiful 89 300CE Coupe with 240K), then an 85 300SD I drove to 360,000+miles.

In 2005 as Rep of the Year I won a trip anywhere in the World for two. Wife wanted to go to Amsterdam to visit family, and spend some time in Tuscany. That presented the opportunity of a lifetime.....Ordered a 2005 E320CDI spec'd with all the features I wanted including the rear split fold-down seats (rare option in USA). Took the fast-train from Amsterdam to Sindelfingen Germany to pick up the car, got the full tour and treated wonderfully at the factory, then spent 3 weeks and 2,500 miles touring Europe in the new Benz. 馃榿

That launched our W211 chassis affair, getting an 04 E320 Wagon for the Wife, then another E350 Wagon too.

And just for fun, I've restored a 113 '67' 230SL Roadster with 4-speed. Triple Black. Also have a 74 Alfa Romeo GTV and I'm restoring a 57 Volvo 445 Duett. (The station wagon/panel truck with windows-sweet with the factory original roof rack).

Living in Lake County FL with a Summer Home in the NC Mountains near the Blue Ridge Parkway! WooHoo!

Anyhow....hope to learn some new tricks here, and maybe share a few that I've learned along the way.;)
Vinny......AKA -FUNkleBENZ

CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Welcome and congratulations. You have some beauties there.
Apparently you are able to find your way around the forum. To be able to use all benzworld resources, please make sure to read Find your Forum Section, Navigate & Search
The forum archive contains a wealth of information, incl many detailed DIY threads.
Even with owning multiple Mercedes, it would be best to add model and year to your profile (similar to the left of my posts).
Members who ready to chime in / help, are unlikely to search threads for the one post where the specific model of the chassis is mentioned.
Stay safe.

Btw, a girl in my German hometown used to rally a 544, they were build like tanks, and every time I drive to my sons house, I pass a P220 Amazon wagon, a 240 wagon, and a black W126 420SE just sitting in a driveway, all in need of some tlc.

SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
Welcome. Brilliant story. A trip for two anywhere in the world - so cool!

Registered
06'E350 wgn,05'E320 CDI,04'E320 wgn,85'300CD,67'230SL
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome and congratulations. You have some beauties there.
Apparently you are able to find your way around the forum. To be able to use all benzworld resources, please make sure to read Find your Forum Section, Navigate & Search
The forum archive contains a wealth of information, incl many detailed DIY threads.
Even with owning multiple Mercedes, it would be best to add model and year to your profile (similar to the left of my posts).
Members who ready to chime in / help, are unlikely to search threads for the one post where the specific model of the chassis is mentioned.
Stay safe.

Btw, a girl in my German hometown used to rally a 544, they were build like tanks, and every time I drive to my sons house, I pass a P220 Amazon wagon, a 240 wagon, and a black W126 420SE just sitting in a driveway, all in need of some tlc.
Thanks Teutone,
Traveling through Europe in the new E320 CDI was a blast. Thankfully, MB loaned us the CD for European version NAV, or we'd still be trying to find our way out of Florence. We stumbled into a classic car race in Salzburg; they closed off the streets where we parked, so we couldn't leave till the race ended, not that we would have wanted to. The old beer truck was a big hit!
Yes the old Volvos were certainly tanks! Finding a factory original wood-slat luggage rack was a score! Ready for surfboards now. :cool:

BTW, I tried adding all 6 Mercedes to the profile, but they got clipped off so I just abbreviated to show the (3) W211's. Must be a trick I don't know to show more on the left column?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts