Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300D Turbodiese
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '85 300D. I've wanted one for a long time, so when this one came up and I had the money I pulled the trigger. I'm the second owner, and the first owner traded it in to the same local dealership she bought it from. There are no service records or even an owners manual, but it appears to be well maintained. I was willing to gamble that it doesn't have any major issues. I do have a couple of questions, though.

1. How do I work the radio? The tape deck seems to be shot. The auto tuner doesn't get anything in, and I'm having a hard time getting it to tune manually. How do I set the presets?

2. How do I get the amber headlamps (foglamps?) to come on?

3. Is it a problem that the glowplug lamp is not comming on? I had a hard time starting it this morning, but did eventually get it started.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Welcome...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mercedes Diesels!

1. I installed a new radio with a CD

2. Pull out on the headlight switch to turn on the fog lights.

3. Yes, it is a problem; may the bad glow plugs. Have them tested and replaced if needed. If the GPs are not working, that can cause hard starting, as the engine’s not hot enough to start combustion.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Welcome...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mercedes Diesels!

1. I installed a new radio with a CD

2. Pull out on the headlight switch to turn on the fog lights.

3. Yes, it is a problem; may the bad glow plugs. Have them tested and replaced if needed. If the GPs are not working, that can cause hard starting, as the engine’s not hot enough to start combustion.

·
Registered
s500- 300td
92 Posts
It is a very wise investment, these cars don't die, I used mine as a delivery truck and ...

It is a very wise investment, these cars don't die, I used mine as a delivery truck and it is doing great. great ride

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.