Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 S550 4Matic
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering I need to get new front and rear tires and just wondering other then the factory michalen tires is there any other brand that you guys would say is a better tire all around? Also can I fit a different size tire on the factory rims?

Thank You
Savas

·
Registered
2008 C 300 4Matic 07 SLK 55
13 Posts
I just put the F1 Eagles on my SLK 55 mine Saturday----love them so far. Quiet, smooth and stick like glue!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put the Michelin PilotSport PS2s on my SLK350, and I like them. They are sticky and my gas mileage actually increased after putting them on. All my PCA buddies swear by the PilotSports, and my experiences with those tires have always been positive. If you're worried about all-season performance or wear, you can get the PilotSport All-Season, those are pretty nice too.

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
113 Posts
I put a set of General Exclaim UHP on about a year ago. They are excellent tires, quite, smooth, soft and perform better then the Michelin I had before. The price is excellent too. Don't let the name fool you, these tires rock. Check them out at Tire Rack.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Exclaim+UHP&index=25&vehicleSearch=true&frontTire=245WR7EUHP&rearTire=44WR7EUHP&place=25&minSpeedRating=V&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&minLoad=S

·
Registered
2010 S550 4Matic
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody has ever tried putting a bigger tire on stock 17's??? Or found out that a bigger tires will fit

·
Registered
'06 SLK 350 Mars Red - '07 ML350 Black (Sport Package)
104 Posts
I love Michelins but they are expensive, Pirellis are also expensive but I never had a set without problems 6 months into them. Several of the Japanese manufacturers have some great quality tires at a much better price. I have a set of Falken FK452s on my SLK350 as my summer tires and they are awesome in both dry and wet weather at half the price of the Pilots. If you got the money though go for the Pilots, I believe they are the best in the line up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts