Registered
2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
1,292 Posts
why?

·
Registered
2002 CLK430 Cabriolet
338 Posts
Why advertise for Dell? Do you have Dell stocks?

I have two Dell computers, but I'm not advertising for them unless I'm included in their advertising budget.

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why advertise for Dell? Do you have Dell stocks?

I have two Dell computers, but I'm not advertising for them unless I'm included in their advertising budget.

...erm its was only a joke to fill the hole whilst I ordered the real thing !?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put the Brabus badges on my car. The hood badge is a little smaller than the hole that I took the stand up star out of, and the back of my clk430 has a curve on the trunk, so the hood emblem will not lay flat. Beware before you buy.

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
I know she badly needs a clean !
Watch that "shit" man... it will happily eat away your lacquer and paint.

Speaking of which, I bought some Carnauba wax the other day by "Meguiars" - it's bloody amazing!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Watch that "shit" man... it will happily eat away your lacquer and paint.

Speaking of which, I bought some Carnauba wax the other day by "Meguiars" - it's bloody amazing!

...Just washed her tonight and did the interior leather and cleaned the engine too, looking nice.!!

I use Auto-Glym products, but is the wax good,? and how does it differ from a polish?

·
Registered
791 Posts
...Just washed her tonight and did the interior leather and cleaned the engine too, looking nice.!!

I use Auto-Glym products, but is the wax good,? and how does it differ from a polish?
I too use Auto Glym products for everything except the waxing.

Up to now, I have been using up some run-of-the-mill Turtle Wax that I've had in the garage. Two weeks ago I decided to get some Carnauba Wax (don't know why I didn't get it before!). Man... the shine after using Carnauba wax is unrivalled. The car looks "wet" where it's so shiney and the wax barrier is noticably more repellent to water.

It's alot more "stodgey" too and smears in with the consistency not too dissimilar to snot (pardon the example). This is much better than the runny crap stuff. The best thing is to get a paste version of Carnauba wax or one that is like boot polish. However, it is harder work!!

I've never used a "polish". I've read that polish is used as part of the paint preparation stage before waxing but I've never felt it neessary.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I too use Auto Glym products for everything except the waxing.

Up to now, I have been using up some run-of-the-mill Turtle Wax that I've had in the garage. Two weeks ago I decided to get some Carnauba Wax (don't know why I didn't get it before!). Man... the shine after using Carnauba wax is unrivalled. The car looks "wet" where it's so shiney and the wax barrier is noticably more repellent to water.

It's alot more "stodgey" too and smears in with the consistency not too dissimilar to snot (pardon the example). This is much better than the runny crap stuff. The best thing is to get a paste version of Carnauba wax or one that is like boot polish. However, it is harder work!!

I've never used a "polish". I've read that polish is used as part of the paint preparation stage before waxing but I've never felt it neessary.

Wow you never have used polish? I wonder if you should try as a comparison AutoGlym showroom gloss.! Its very easy to apply and you can polish you car in about 20mins and you get that wet look. I have always thought that this was the best polish I have used but I am interested in the wax.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Wow you never have used polish? I wonder if you should try as a comparison AutoGlym showroom gloss.! Its very easy to apply and you can polish you car in about 20mins and you get that wet look. I have always thought that this was the best polish I have used but I am interested in the wax.
Get a good wax.....and all will become clear, my friend. (lol)

The better the wax, the longer it takes to apply and buff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts