Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just took delivery of an SLK, Diamond Silver AMG package, airscarf, command and bi-xenon. loving the car!

i'm surprised at how high my engine temperature is though, for all my other MB's, it sits around 80oC. but for the SLK, it sits more at around 100oC? is this normal? can anyone confirm?

Also, another question is that my trunk has no lining! what about other people? i can't remember if the show room floor model had it, but i can see the "skeleton" of the SLK fram inside. i do have the handle to pull the trunk shut, but i'm surprised there's no lining on top!

pics can be found at http://www.e46toronto.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=1961

ALso, anyone have tips on how to break in the engine?

thanks!
juke

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Congratulations on your new car!

I have noticed my engine temperature is high also and takes quite a while to cool off.

I am unclear where you do not have lining in the trunk. Do you mean the trunk lid or the trunk floor? What handle? I do not have a handle to close my trunk but my trunk is lined, botton and sides but not trunk lid.

P.S. It would help if you would include your location in your profile. From your URL link it appears you are in Toronto but you should add that to your profile for future posts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. thanks for the reply!

i was referring to the trunk lid. i am surprised that neither of us have the top/lid lined b/c of all the mb's in my family, the SLK is the only one that is not lined!

has anyone had any problems with the SLK with AMG package being too low for speed bumps etc.? i just got out of the car today and noticed that the car does sit quite low and is pretty close to the speed bump! have to be careful..

btw, yes i am in Toronto. i'll change things in my profile soon.

thx!

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
malibuite - 3/1/2005 5:12 PM

...I do not have a handle to close my trunk ...
malibuite:

There are actually two handles on the inside of the trunk lid...it took me a while to find them too...there is a good illustration on page 95 of the owners manual...[;)] [:D][8D][:D]

·
Registered
'05 SLK350
73 Posts
Ben Zuh - 3/1/2005 1:46 AM

Hi Juke,

My UK spec cars temperature is constantly at 90 give or take a few small movements.
Same here, about 90°-95°C.

·
Registered
Diamond SilverSLK200
106 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben Zuh - 3/1/2005 1:46 AM

My UK spec cars temperature is constantly at 90 give or take a few small movements.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same here, about 90°-95°C.

Gary DeWitt

My temperature tends to sit at a steady 80°C. No signs of overheating to date.

Scott

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool..

glad to know that my SLK is not abnormal. i was quite worried at first, as i had to drive long distances the day of delivery, and with my previous experience of MB cars, this engine is a little hotter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts