Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took the plunge and got the Digital Rebel XT and here are some of the results. Keep in mind, this is a pretty overcast day, and I just got done cleaning with a clay bar.

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All in all, I am very pleased with the camera.
Focusing is lightning fast, the 18-55 lens that came with it is very versatile and I am able to take many more usable shots than with my Nikon Coolpix 5700.

Thumbs up! [:D]

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the Mothers' claybar system, and just polished after that with microfiber cloth.
The wash was from the local carwash.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
SIlver_Lana - 3/27/2005 4:54 PM

I used the Mothers' claybar system, and just polished after that with microfiber cloth.
The wash was from the local carwash.
Pictures look great! Have you tried the Zaino products? Do you prefer Mothers'?

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have tried Zaino in the past but it seemed to be more bother than was worth it unless you were entering a show or something like that.
Maybe when I prepare for the next Mercedes Meet, I'll try Zaino.

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
whoa. how did you get the rear side windows to go down with the top up? I thought that was unpossible.

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
masmole - 3/29/2005 2:09 PM

whoa. how did you get the rear side windows to go down with the top up? I thought that was unpossible.
It is the other way round. You can't get the rear windows UP with the top DOWN.

To open all four windows with the top up double flick the vario-roof button back. To close all four windows double-flick the roof button forward. See the manual.

cheers
roadsta

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
masmole - 3/27/2005 9:09 PM

What was the quote, RTFM...pages 234 & 235 of the US manual...[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
ah, got it mixed up that's all. I remember someone posting something about the rear side windows not going up/down or something and silver lana's last pic reminded me of it, thus the comment. I have not explored the details about window operation on my car yet since the cold chicago winter has not allowed me. And yes, I did RTFM but sorry I failed to memorize it.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
No worries...I just wish with all the posts and time we have spent over the last months, you and Mel could come out to some of our No. CA drives...I feel you guys are like family...[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
That's the one big thing I really miss about Cali. When I lived in San Diego, I went on drives almost every weekend, either to Angeles Crest, the hills of Malibu, Palomar mountain, and the occasional trek up to the bay area and wine country... of course I always took the long way back via coastal 1 where the view and the drive was simply unforgettable. I had an Audi S4 back then.... wished I had the SLK I have now with the top down. Oh well, maybe someday I'll move back, or at least buy a summer home to spend a few months of the year in. I hope Cali will still be part of the continent by then [;)]

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SATedeschi - 3/28/2005 8:18 AM

Love the car and the pics. The detail work makes the car glow, even in NJ.[:D]
Glowing in Jersey is usually a bad thing... [:p]
Just kidding! Thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
When a black car is clean and polished, there is nothing to equal it IMHO. The problem is that they only stay that way for a few hours. My SLK is silver, my Honda is black.

·
Registered
slk350, iridium silver, ash interior,sport, light, sound, airscarf, wood interior,COMAND package
88 Posts
Gorgeous, gorgeous job[:)][:)][:)] Hopefully the weather will be nice for you so that you won't have to wash it again too soon.

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
arlmed - 3/28/2005 10:55 AM

Gorgeous, gorgeous job[:)][:)][:)] Hopefully the weather will be nice for you so that you won't have to wash it again too soon.
It rained last night.
Quite interesting to see the water just bead off the car like so many transparent pearls. [:)]

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
SIlver_Lana - 3/27/2005 7:29 PM
...and I just got done cleaning with a clay bar.
Did you Zaino (or First Finish) it? If not you should start all over (except for Dawn) and re claybar the car. Also isn't it time to put your summer (AMG) wheels on?

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Julien - 3/28/2005 9:56 AM

SIlver_Lana - 3/27/2005 7:29 PM
...and I just got done cleaning with a clay bar.
Did you Zaino (or First Finish) it? If not you should start all over (except for Dawn) and re claybar the car. Also isn't it time to put your summer (AMG) wheels on?
Why should he start over? Sorry but I am trying to get the hang of doing this myself as I usually have my cars detailed. I thought you claybar the car and then apply the Zaino. If he has already claybarred it why does he need to do it agian?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts