Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350,C230Komp
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pickup my brand new SLK350 a month ago and noticed 2 things.

first, it has 25km on it and the dealer said it is due to PDI check.

second, the ride is rough, very rough, not smooth at all.
especially when you ride over an uneven road pavement, you can feel the vibration from the shock.

I wonder this is normal????
Can someone confirm see if their SLK is the same?

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
Which suspension set up do you have on your SLK?

The standard, or the AMG Sport?

Some have posted that they feel the AMG Sport suspension results in a ride that is firmer or rough.

I have the AMG Sport suspension on my SLK and have no problem with how it feels.

Have you checked what the tire pressure is in each of your tires?

Tires on new cars are sometimes over-inflated during shipping.

Double check that the tires are inflated to the correct level. (the proper inflation number is found on the inside door area) Make sure the tires are cold and then verify what their respective pressures are.

Hopefully this helps address your concern.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
alanchan - 3/16/2005 11:21 AM

I pickup my brand new SLK350 a month ago and noticed 2 things.

first, it has 25km on it and the dealer said it is due to PDI check.

second, the ride is rough, very rough, not smooth at all.
especially when you ride over an uneven road pavement, you can feel the vibration from the shock.

I wonder this is normal????
Can someone confirm see if their SLK is the same?
Isn't 25km about 15 miles? Mine had 9 miles upon delivery. Don't think 15 is too much as they do have to drive it some to move it around and I understand there is a PDI check.

I drove a demo with the Sport suspension and did notice that I could feel every bump in the road which is why I did not purchase it. I have the regular suspension and have hit some pretty bad bumps and potholes and hardly felt it so it sound like you have the Sport suspension. If not, as someone else mentioned, you may have too much air in the tires. Or there is something wrong with your suspension.

·
Registered
SLK350,C230Komp
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, mine is a Sport Suspension, I am sure it is not AMG because I don't have the AMG package
and I will check the tire pressure tonight.

Would slightly less air lower than the specified rating damage your tires??

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
I am dropping it with H&R Springs next week (in route from Germany) because the ride is too soft (and I live in the NYC Metro area) I can't wait to feel every bump on the road, so I can feel like I am driving the car, vs. the other way around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts