Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If interested, call me at (310)497-7262 for details. I'm located in Beverly Hills, CA. Be the lucky one to drive the new SL55 this summer before anybody else does :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are you the same guy selling the SL55 from EBay that goes for $160-$170k and the car is in German and has to be shipped over here to the states + converted?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's me. I was not sure if $160,000 or $170,000 would be the fair price so I decided to stick with the $160,000 price. Keep in mind that the sticker in the USA will be around $125,000 and this car has over $18,000 in options. The car is sent overnight via Lufthansa so it only takes one day for the car to get to Los Angeles, CA. Feel free to ask any questions and keep in mind that reasonable offers won't be rejected :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want an SL55 and you don't want to wait, I think $160k is entirely reasonable, but you need to understand you'll get back less than half of that in 3 years time. The SL55 has been significantly under-priced by Mercedes for the performance it offers which has lead to demand far in excess of their ability - and more importantly, willingness - to supply.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark, I seriously doubt that the price will drop that much in 3 years. Here in California, there is a waiting list of almost 4 years at most dealers and if you really want to be surprised, the Mercedes dealer of Vegas thinks that some people will die before they get thier SL 55 AMG :) Believe it or not, the waiting list is close to 8 years there if I'm not mistaken. Good luck with the purchase of your new SL55 and if you need any help and want to get an Euro version, which by the way is more powerful than the US version, let me know :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Nelson, I heard yesterday that my car will be built in September and I've put my name on the waiting list for a face-lifted version in 2005. Maybe you're right about the re-sale price, I'm perhaps a little pessimistic having an SL600 to sell, though I'm currently thinking of keeping it just to cover my commute which seems a waste of an SL55.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your ebay ad claims:<br>
'The standard Mercedes warranty is included in this transaction and you can take your SL 55 AMG to your local Mercedes dealer for any services that might be needed.'<br>
<br>
To the best of my knowledge, NO MBUSA dealer will honor the warranty on a gray market import. Period. No exceptions.<br>
<br>
You know something different?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the waiting list will shorten soon.<br> Please bother to search for 'SL55' under mobile.de - 125 today! And look at the price.<br> The new orderings drop in Germany too.<br> So, take care of your money.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indeed, Mercedes Benza will honor the first year and the other 3 years are covered by our company warranty. You can take your SL55 to your local Mercedes dealer with no deductible for the rest of the remaining Mercedes warranty. Meaning that MBUSA covers the first year, and we cover the remaining 3 at no cost to you. If you have any other questions, just let me know and I will be glad to help you out :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will confirm that statement from Mr. Artigas. The waiting list is 4 years +. Because of that, we have refunded deposits. Although the European Version is not any faster than the US version.<br> <br> FYI, one of the very first US Spec. SL55 AMG's will be arriving in our showroom within 10 days, August 10th or so. It was originally reserved for Barry Bonds but there is an option missing that he desired. This black on black SL55 AMG will be available for sale. We will be installing 19' Forged Renntech wheels with Bridgestone S03 tires, Renntech rear lip spoiler. The car will be for sale at $199,988. + fees. If you are interested, please call me directly at 650.631.3059 for more information. I am located up North in the San Francisco area.<br> <br> Nelson Wong<br> Star Achiever<br> Autobahn Motors <br> [email protected]<br> <br>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts