Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer today to put my deposit down on a new SL and had a strange response from them when I told them what I wanted. The owner of the dealership and my salesman laughed at me when I told them that I was there to put my deposit on the R230, they really laughed, told me to get in line and asked me if I was serious. I have bought many cars from these guys so I was shocked when they did this. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen when trying to order the R230 or is it just me. Thanks <br>
<br>
<br>
Tony

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry (more...)

There is a 3 YEAR wait on this car.. People started plopping down deposits for this car back in 1998..<br> <br> I gave my dealer a deposit for the 2004 SL55 //AMG, and am 1st on the list.. I suggest you do the same, as this car will be hotter than the CL55 //AMG..<br> <br> I think there will only be 150 units per year for the U.S...<br> <br> Besides, I would rather wait 3 years for the AMG model. I will boast a 450 hp engine!! PLUS the retractable top, and all of the other goodies..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks........(more)

I will probably still go in and put my deposit down on the car despite the attitude that I received. Thanks for responding, I thought that I would never get a response.<br> <br> Tony

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dealer tells me 5 year wait in the uk and orders since 1996! No deposits yet as pricing details are not available, but i'm on the list to put down a deposit. I can't believe i'm in the line for the deposits, never mind the car !

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you in the UK? (more...)

Wow!! 5 Years in the UK!! There is about a 3 year list at my dealer here in Florida.. Why don't you instead place a deposit on the SL55 //AMG?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might get one sooner... (more)

Some of the people who put those deposits in 1998, etc, have a) died, b) retired to another state, c) decided they couldn't live without a T-Bird, etc, etc. Most dealers, when a previously allocated car arrives on the truck will allow the sales reps to call the next person on the waitlist and offer them the car. You might not get the color you wanted, but at least you'd have a bit of a jump on your original place in line...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts