Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 SL550 Silver Arrow Launch Edition, 2013 Mercedes Benz C300 4Matic
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2002 SL 500 Silver Arrow! I'm thrilled! I've been looking since I purchased my 1995 SL600 last year. I know they have been around, but this one has all of the features I have been looking for. Needless to say, my SL 600 is for sale. I will be listing it on eBay. For all of you whom have read my posts, you know I did all necessary (with help from MBNA on wiring harness)to keep it in top condition, down to the Mobil 1 synthetic change every 4K.
I will miss a lot about my SL600. There will be a trade off of sorts with some of the features in my new Arrow and I'm sure a lot more then I am aware of.
I'll change the PIC on my profile as soon as it arrives[:)]

·
Registered
Mercedes SL R129
1,293 Posts
Congratulations on buying your new car. [;)]

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Silver. Although it is pretty decked out, I am envious of youyr Panoramic top[8)]

·
Registered
SUPERCHARGED Silver Arrow
2,126 Posts
Good going on your purchase. I'm sure your going to be very happy with her.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL R129
1,293 Posts
Thanks josephanthony,
The panoramic top comes standard on the SL600 Silver Arrow edition, while the SL500 Silver Arrow comes with the regular hardtop. Will you miss the 600 V12 engine???

Tech-Tune, I liked your statement that he's gonna be very happy with HER. I agree, she's very beautiful. She's my one and only girlfriend!!![:p][:p][:p]

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once bitten by the V12, I know I will miss it, but it is one of the trade offs for having such a great edition

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
Congratulations on the new car. I got mine just a few months ago and I still get chills every time I put down the top.

I love the new/classic feel of a 2002 R129.

I love the fact that MB had 12 years to get our cars figured out.

When I was in the market for an SL I asked for friendly input from the R230 board regarding the 2002 versus 2003 question. The reponse: "You can't afford a 2003 if you have to ask."

Hilarious.

Since then I have revisted the R230 board to read the interesting posts from the unpaid R230 beta testers. :)

I would like to thank them for their service ironing out the bugs in the R230. When its is ready, I will buy one.

Until then, SILVER ARROWS are the way to go.

[:)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts