Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2007 E220CDI, 1990 300E-24V, 1987 W124 3.6 AMG build 1993 E500 W124, 94 320CE, 1997 W140 S280
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
FWIW The Fusso Coat has been holding up well. Infact it is so good at shedding water and dirt it's only today I had to wash it again! (Since end of September - Gasp!)

The water shedding abilities are almost as good as "proper" Ceramic coatings

This was also only one coat of the Fusso - I did mean to add a second coat but was rained out the first time around. The next time I wash it and weather permitting I will add a second layer of the Fusso wax.

I also just got 2.5L (Black Friday Deal) of a SI02 Ceramic detailing spray. I intend to start using that when drying the car off after a wash. To help top up / maintain the protection and beading levels each wash.

The Fusso coat is definitely good I need to get my other benzes coated with it

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,468 Posts
Hi, it is a UK car so it should be imperial gallons. I drive it very easy albeit the occasional blast here and there.

I generally have a fairly heavy right foot I guess. But in the S600 I enjoy the super smooth luxo barge effect so I try to take it easy. It is doing mostly short trips around town this time of year. Even on long runs the dash readout never displays above 16mpg. But it isnt a problem at all I expected as much was just curious what figures other owners see :geek:
With our S600, I typically see between 11 and 12 mpg (US gallons) during in-town driving. On the highway, it varies slightly on how fast I'm going. When doing 65-70 mph, I'll see 20.5 mpg. When doing closer to 80, I'll see 19.5 mpg. Turns out this car's computer is pretty accurate, too, as hand calculation shows the computer consistently being within a few tenths.

As for your advice on how to properly care for a turbocharged vehicle, I agree. This is the same advice given to turbodiesel truck drivers in the owner's manual (occasional Italian tuneup, letting it idle for a bit after heavy driving, etc.). Whatever the previous owners did with my S600, they apparently did change the oil at proper intervals. In the case of the S600 TT's, I don't believe the turbos are variable-vane, so we don't have that particular issue to think about, at least if I'm reading the M275 training document right.

·
Registered
2005 S600
518 Posts
My turbo considerations follow yours. I idle for 30 seconds before selecting a gear to drive off. I drive gently when the engine is still warming up. I avoid full throttle until well past warm up, because I want the oil temperature to be up, 15 minutes at a minimum.

Drive gently for a bit after highway or fast driving.

Idle for 30 seconds before shut down. Every time.

I've had a couple of Volvos go past 200,000 miles on their original turbos. I credit good oil and the above care.

·
Registered
S500 4Matic 2005
885 Posts
FWIW The Fusso Coat has been holding up well. Infact it is so good at shedding water and dirt it's only today I had to wash it again! (Since end of September - Gasp!)

The water shedding abilities are almost as good as "proper" Ceramic coatings

This was also only one coat of the Fusso - I did mean to add a second coat but was rained out the first time around. The next time I wash it and weather permitting I will add a second layer of the Fusso wax.

I also just got 2.5L (Black Friday Deal) of a SI02 Ceramic detailing spray. I intend to start using that when drying the car off after a wash. To help top up / maintain the protection and beading levels each wash.

The Fusso coat is definitely good I need to get my other benzes coated with it
Make sure you don't get the Fusso on your trim ;)

61 - 64 of 64 Posts