Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new 2004 S430 this weekend.

Thanks for response to my earlier post.

1. Please tell me is it advisable to tint the windows to keep interior from fading or leather cracking in this south Texas searing heat?

2. I had ordered optional CD changer and it is installed in a trunk along w/navigation DVD. The manual shows casette tape deck slot and single CD slot
on navigation console in the cabin, however, it is missing on this 2004 model. Is this a change for this year?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I would tint the windows. The leather held up well in my 2000, but the carpeting sho...

Yes I would tint the windows. The leather held up well in my 2000, but the carpeting showed slight fading (although I'm the only one of my friends who notices it)from the California sun. By the way my interior color is Java. And I just tinted my windows.

In regards to the tape deck/CD issue you mentioned, I'm not familiar with the capabilities of the '04s as yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I'm a new member of Benz World and noticed your post. I also have a new 2004 S430. I have the 6 CD changer in the trunk along with the navigation CD. On mine to access the single CD or cassette I push the eject button on the radio and the nav. screen has icons for CD or Cass. I then push the appropiate button and the nav. screen moves either up or down depending on the the button you push. Hope that helps

·
Registered
Black 2004 S500
4 Posts
The last post is correct. I just got my 500S and the cd load port is hidden. The first thing I did was tint my windows,(The morning after) with the best company in town using 3m tint. My car is black and it looks awesome.[8D]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts