Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2000ml430 sold, 2002ml55 sold. amg55 now. 2000E430sport...........
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello forum members. just upgraded my rims i had 20's on last year didnt care for them. i think these accent the benz a little better. any ops. they are tis03 20's rolling on toyo proxies. thanx...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,550 Posts
I don't know Jono, I hate to burst your bubble but the entire package looks ricey to me.

the rims look fine (chromeless for me though, but that's a matter of taste), but when combined with the window deflectors, it's a No-No[:0], and it gets worse with the silver door edge guards all over the place. I hope you don't feel bad, afterall you did ask for our opinions, didn't you? Now, get rid of the deflector and all the silver accents and then repost.[:D]

·
Registered
2000 ML55
69 Posts
Nice rims! The chrome rims looks good on a Blk ML. But, i have to agree not the edge guards and the chrome trim on the deflectors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i have been meaning to take that off and i did tonight. i have to agree it looks much better thanx for the honesty........

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE: I don't know Jono, I hate to burst your bubble but the entire package looks ricey to me.

you dont have to burst my bubble darkman. ricey thats your insight and thats fine but you know its been paid for for 3 years now. and its a 2000ml430. and my 02 fatboy has been paid for since 03. and my house is allmost there. it just seems your comments are a little ricey. but i do like your honesty but maybe in a different way i guess..........

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,550 Posts
Repost some new pics with the new mods - or, demods.

I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings, just to help your ML look as good as it can, and I think you see my point.

And what's all that about paying out your life??? maybe I should send you some of my bills, ha!ha!!ha!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well darkmann you didnt hurt my feelings and im more than capable of makeing my ml look the best it can and as i said in my last post i have been meaning to take that chrome shit of but just didnt get around to it. seeing its only a work vehicle. and for paying out my life i was just expressing that i have accomplished more in my 36 years of age than a lot of others, i guess ive been fortunate i guess!!! no disrespect given, i was putting in my 2 cents i guess.and as i asked what people thought of the truck i do like honesty and you didnt like it and thats ok. like i said honesty is the best policy, even when you dont know the person.

·
Registered
1999 ML 320
346 Posts
rims are great..
but i also agree with darkmann about the chrome strips...but i read that you took em off ...repost pics?

one day...ill have big rims...heh one day

·
Registered
'08 Acura MDX
3,108 Posts
jono1767 - 3/17/2005 10:13 AM
hello forum members. just upgraded my rims i had 20's on last year didnt care for them. i think these accent the benz a little better. any ops. they are tis03 20's rolling on toyo proxies. thanx...
Too much bling for my taste - but, hey, if you like them, that's all that counts ...

·
Registered
99 ML430
50 Posts
Whats your opinion on the toyo proxys. And -----------
Thanks for agreeing to loose the chrome door edge stuff-
Way too distracting against the black paint !--------- Just my 2 cents.

Barry

·
Registered
2011 GLK,2007 S550,2003 S55,2008 CLK,2009 C300,1996 E300,2005 E320,2002 E3
1,355 Posts
HMMMMM: You know whats funny, is that the thing that hurt the rims was the other chrome on the truck. Be careful with those chrome door strips. I used some of those many moons ago, and they allowed rust to setup underneath them. Chrome rims look OK on ML's but you have to choose a rim that does not cover to much surface. Take a look at the Lionheart.

Attachments

·
BenzWorld W211 Host
E270 CDI -03
163 Posts
I think the rims look really great! I love chrome and wish that my 19" was chromed [:)]

But as people already have commented...the chrome door edge guards and the chrome trim on the wind deflectors stands out too much.

I think some chrome (or polished/stainless steel) running boards would be perfect for that truck [:D]

·
Registered
1999 ML
25 Posts
RE: I don't know Jono, I hate to burst your bubble but the entire package looks ricey to me.

the ml looks good (do you want to sell the factorys)[?]

·
Registered
536 Posts
jono1767,

Rims really look nice, but I think it would look better with more tire, something bigger to fill up the wheel-well.

But looks good.

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
586 Posts
jono1767, don't you think your being an oxymoron when you put on rims in the middle of winter? hah I like them though, I am planning on something for summer

stroessel, I love you rim infact I think I'm buying to buy them myself, you don't have to worry, we are about half a world apart [:D], I do have some questions for you

It was my understanding that that side bar only came without steps 98-99, I have the exact same side bar except one is dented that I need replaced, they only make them with the steps which in my opinion take away the flushness look of the bars, I noticed you had the GPS antenna but then aftermarket navigation, so i'm confused if yours is a 99 or 00+

1 - 16 of 16 Posts