Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SLK 230K
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys seen this new front spoiler from Rieger tuning? I think it looks pretty good except from the R171 grill. Too bad it´s all one part.
What do you think. Is it too ricey or is it ok?

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Yeah, shame for the R171 looking 'nose' part. But you can cut the spoiler in half and then have a professional body shop attach it to your current spoiler.

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
P.U.K.E

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
looks like a bmw imo barf

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
take out the R171 nose and the round fog light housings, and I'd like it.

·
Registered
2000 SLK 230 LE
196 Posts
take out the R171 nose and the round fog light housings, and I'd like it.
I agree. Recess the fog lights, remove the 2005 grill and get rid of those three big warts on the bottom of the nose and it would look really good.

·
Registered
1999 SLK230
592 Posts
Actually, I want those sideskirts. Reiger is the Erebuni of Europe. Look at the crappy fit at the fender joint on all those shots :( . Not a great way to promote a product. You will spend as much getting it to fit right as you will on the pieces .... and yes, the R171 looking grill kills it from a stylistic standpoint for me.

·
Registered
2000 SLK 230K
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow! Good job!
That looks really good. Those sideskirts also looks better. I think that kit would be amazing on a black car.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
wow.. that look something like the 32 bumper.. LOL .. $545 plus all the fabrication that you will do to get that look .. might as well get the AMG bumper.. like the look of the side skirts tho.

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
nice photoshop....I don't know, the photoshop one looks way better, but there's still some stuff wrong - side skirts are too big and make the whole side of the car look really flat...there is no back bumper, or at least looks like it, and the one on the Reiger website looks hooooorible [xx(] and also like slkpwr said, might as well get the AMG bumper.

Conclusion: most, if not all, SLK body kits don't look that great and are a waste of money in the end.

·
Registered
SLK 230 yellow
200 Posts
Not what one would consider a "classic" look. Image is too much of a "wanna-be". I would pass on this, but it has appeal to others that like the new look but just don't want to spend the bucks to get there.
[:D]

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
LOL! I agree...

Both from the point of low quality and making money by copying other companies' designs.

·
Registered
slk 230
7 Posts
I am wondering if you ever decided to go with new Regier bumper
I tried to get one from Kevin at Kest-tuning but he only cashed my money and never sent the product. It looks like they are just a bunch of liers.

Now I am getting it from different supplier

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
heripark - 9/22/2005 12:25 PM

I am wondering if you ever decided to go with new Regier bumper
I tried to get one from Kevin at Kest-tuning but he only cashed my money and never sent the product. It looks like they are just a bunch of liers.

Now I am getting it from different supplier
You need to get a refund 1st???

bazzle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts