Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'90 300SL
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just wanted to introduce myself on here real quick. I have always loved R129's since i was younger and i just bought my first car last week *1990 300SL* I've been in love with it so far and i think i got a pretty good deal on it considering it only has 67k miles, runs like a dream, soft top goes up and down perfectly, hardtop hydraulic pumps work perfect and i got it for cheap (high school student budget). Only thing wrong with it is that there is a small crack in the front bumper cover but its no biggie. The sound system on it is incredible! The guy i bought it from said it was aftermarket and that he had no clue about he said the previous owner installed it, so i took it to a car audio shop and they told me what i had in total is about $3,000 worth of audio equipment! All my money that i have saved up is now spent but it was well-worth it.

Here are some pics

·
Registered
1997 SL500, 1948 Rover 75 P3, 1984 Citroen 2CV, 1953 BSA Bantam D1, 1966 Velosolex Moped
1,141 Posts
Hey i just wanted to introduce myself on here real quick. I have always loved R129's since i was younger and i just bought my first car last week *1990 300SL* I've been in love with it so far and i think i got a pretty good deal on it considering it only has 67k miles, runs like a dream, soft top goes up and down perfectly, hardtop hydraulic pumps work perfect and i got it for cheap (high school student budget). Only thing wrong with it is that there is a small crack in the front bumper cover but its no biggie. The sound system on it is incredible! The guy i bought it from said it was aftermarket and that he had no clue about he said the previous owner installed it, so i took it to a car audio shop and they told me what i had in total is about $3,000 worth of audio equipment! All my money that i have saved up is now spent but it was well-worth it
Hi Ducaud,
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum! I'm sure like me you will find it a great source of information coming from experienced and knowledgeable owners. They're a friendly bunch too. You're in High School?:eek: There's no way you'd get insurance on an SL in the UK. I'm very envious of your automotive freedom in the States, and your house, and the weather.....

Your beautiful car reminds me of Franks (iresfrank). No doubt he'll be here soon...

Welcome again
Steve

·
Registered
'96 SL500, Triple Black
1,650 Posts
Hey Ducaud,

Nice find, looks in great original condition! I think that was a good place to put the money you saved up. You will never forget your first car and what a car it is!!!! Maybe you will have it forever.

Great pics, I like it from above and you have the front wheel turned just perfectly... ;)

If you get any questions be sure to hit us all up, we love it! Well, I just read it and bump them up with silly comments. But, a lot of smart R129 guys here to help you out even just for fun stuff on it too.

Did you get the hardtop with it too? Not like you will ever use it, :D just curious.

You have a lot of fun ahead with this car, congrats!!! And nothing more than 5 mph over the speed limit!

·
Registered
'91 500SL, '92 300E, '65 Mustang
305 Posts
Hi Ducaud,
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum! I'm sure like me you will find it a great source of information coming from experienced and knowledgeable owners. They're a friendly bunch too. You're in High School?:eek: There's no way you'd get insurance on an SL in the UK. I'm very envious of your automotive freedom in the States, and your house, and the weather.....

Your beautiful car reminds me of Franks (iresfrank). No doubt he'll be here soon...

Welcome again
Steve
Beat me to it. I was going to say, looks just like Iresfrank's!
Very nice!
Congrats on the new (to you) car!

·
Registered
05 C215 CL 500, 96 SL 500 PANO,96 W124 220CE,03 Smart 450 Cabrio, 96 W124 220CE, 07 Ford Transit!
431 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, some of them can be a bit cranky but once you have a sense of humour it works out ok. let us know if you have problems and we'll do our best

·
Registered
'97 SL500, 06 Subaru Outback, LL Bean 3.0
735 Posts
Hey i just wanted to introduce myself on here real quick. I have always loved R129's since i was younger and i just bought my first car last week *1990 300SL* I've been in love with it so far and i think i got a pretty good deal on it considering it only has 67k miles, runs like a dream, soft top goes up and down perfectly, hardtop hydraulic pumps work perfect and i got it for cheap (high school student budget). Only thing wrong with it is that there is a small crack in the front bumper cover but its no biggie. The sound system on it is incredible! The guy i bought it from said it was aftermarket and that he had no clue about he said the previous owner installed it, so i took it to a car audio shop and they told me what i had in total is about $3,000 worth of audio equipment! All my money that i have saved up is now spent but it was well-worth it.
Absolutely beautiful! Looks just like my '97 SL500, only maybe a little better, but I'd have to look close up.
Without looking it up, I guess it's got the straight 6 engine which is another big + in my book.
The "small crack in the front bumper", being the"only thing wrong" is a laugher. If you can notice it at all you can fill it in with several applications of Dr. Color Colorchip, but I bet it's not worth fooling with unless you're hungry for a project. My 2 cracks are are probably larger than "small" but I didn't notice them for a couple months and then filled them in with that stuff.
The hood is long and the front is low and cracks abound, many of which aren't "small".
Btw, I'm the cranky one.

·
Registered
'90 300SL
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all!

Hey Ducaud,

Nice find, looks in great original condition! I think that was a good place to put the money you saved up. You will never forget your first car and what a car it is!!!! Maybe you will have it forever.

Great pics, I like it from above and you have the front wheel turned just perfectly... ;)

If you get any questions be sure to hit us all up, we love it! Well, I just read it and bump them up with silly comments. But, a lot of smart R129 guys here to help you out even just for fun stuff on it too.

Did you get the hardtop with it too? Not like you will ever use it, :D just curious.

You have a lot of fun ahead with this car, congrats!!! And nothing more than 5 mph over the speed limit!
yep it does come with a hardtop

1 - 9 of 9 Posts