Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
00 E430 Sport, 04 E500 4matic Sport
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased projector headlamps from ebay and when I went to put in my new bulbs (PIAA Extreme White+ H7's for High and Main, H3 for Fog, and Philips Bluevision H6W for running lights) I found H7's in the highs, H3's in the mains, 5W's in the running lights. Are all projector lights like this or am I getting the shaft from a ebay seller? Can mains be strong enough with H3's. All info is appreciated!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know if its even worth going through the trouble of installing these projectors or are they just a waste of time & money?

·
Registered
262 Posts
DEPO only made 2 types of Projector Lamps for the W210. HID type and the H7 type. I know for sure that the H7 ones wont fit in the HID type, i dont know if the H3s will fit in the HID type...I strongly advise you to contact your seller and swap the lamps out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I sent the seller a email regarding the situation, still waiting for a reply. When I ordered the lights I didn't know which bulbs were supposed to be for the highs,mains, etc. The auction listed the H7's for highs & H3's for lows. It also stated that there would be no returns, so I really don't know where I stand. I'll post the sellers response as soon as I receive it. Anyone know if I could use these lights, just in case I get stuck with them?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spoke w/the vendor today. He said that they have sold a large amount of these projectors w/o any complaints. He said to try these lights and if I don't feel comfortable with them that he would accept a return for a refund within 30 days. I was wondering if the H3 bulbs would actually produce a brighter beam through the projectors. But I think that I'm going to just return them and order a new pair from a different vendor. I'll just make sure to confirm all of the wiring w/them first. Any and all comments are wanted and welcome. Thanks!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
If i may ask: Who is this vendor from Ebay???(Makoto, Procarparts,Impro..etc). Are your lights made by DEPO???..This is the 1st time ive heard that the projector lights(DEPO) ever uses H3s on the Low Beams..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ebay vendor is symmic. They have a good feedback rating and have been pretty helpful with the situation. I didn't see the Depo namebrand on the projectors. I actually just finished repacking the units and will hopefully send them out tomorrow. I just need to see how the vendor wants them shipped since it is their responsibility to pay for shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts