Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
06 ML 350LP - 03 CLK
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received pricing information on the new Range Rover Sport, the basic 4.4L HSE model is $77,800 Canadian fully loaded. The optional bluetooth for telephone integration is $600. The new ML350 I have configured which is available if I choose is $78,400 and is also fully loaded. Now I can’t decide, thought I had but the RRS has more power, more prestige not sure…can anyone offer some much needed advise and does anyone know of an aftermarket bluetooth device that integrates with the new ML350 command system.[?][:)]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have you checked out the Land Rover Chronicle forums? In fact, a guy from Canada just posted there. http://lrchroniclepub.proboards29.com/index.cgi?board=RRS1

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,114 Posts
RE: Range Rover Sport vs. ML350

SweetTobyBoy - 5/10/2005 6:41 AM

I just received pricing information on the new Range Rover Sport, the basic 4.4L HSE model is $77,800 Canadian fully loaded. The optional bluetooth for telephone integration is $600. The new ML350 I have configured which is available if I choose is $78,400 and is also fully loaded. Now I can’t decide, thought I had but the RRS has more power, more prestige not sure…can anyone offer some much needed advise and does anyone know of an aftermarket bluetooth device that integrates with the new ML350 command system.[?][:)]
The ML350 is quicker than the non-supercharged RRS and gets better mileage. The RRS's big disadvantage is it weighs almost half a ton more than the ML. That and the fact it's British are the only things I have against it.

Low range is standard, which is nice; active suspension is optional on the base model. It's pretty handsome. Tough Choice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am sorry to say ths but i would lso stay away from land lover due to the reliabity issues, since ford sends the parts to land lover. Long term use the rover might not live up to expectations. I am sorry to dissapoint anybody thoses where my comments

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,114 Posts
ml boy - 5/10/2005 7:56 AM

I am sorry to say ths but i would lso stay away from land lover due to the reliabity issues, since ford sends the parts to land lover. Long term use the rover might not live up to expectations. I am sorry to dissapoint anybody thoses where my comments
Maybe Ford has turned them around, but I have to agree it's risky. As bad as many think the W163 was from a reliability standpoint, Land Rover has been much worse.

·
Registered
06 ML 350LP - 03 CLK
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All good points and I agree because I know someone who dumped their RR HSE because of problems. Any information on a bluetooth or integrated telephone system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Depending on your phone my bluetooth car kits, however I do not beleive that it can be intergrated into the COMMAND system, need to purchase the phone with the car to get intergration and that is not bluetooth

·
Registered
64 Posts
RE: Range Rover Sport vs. ML350

GregW / Oregon - 5/10/2005 10:44 AM

The ML350 is quicker than the non-supercharged RRS... The RRS's big disadvantage is it weighs almost half a ton more than the ML.
I think it's more like a 500 lb. difference. The acceleration specs are pretty close too. And the overall size is virtually identical for both. The RRS gets the Jag V8, so one might argue that the ML500 should be compared. Also, the fairest comparison would be with an ML equipped with the not-yet-available low range option with locking diffs.

·
Registered
03 ML500/00 CLK320A
392 Posts
SweetTobyBoy - 5/10/2005 9:41 AM

GET THE RRS -- IT'S A R-E-A-L SUV. THE MB IS NOW A MOMMA'S STATION WAGON IN DISGUISE...COMPLETE WITH A CENTER CONSOLE DESIGNED TO BE A WOMAN'S PURSE HOLDER. HOW ABOUT THAT?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts