Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 420SEL, 89 560SL, 92 300TE
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Well, we had a brief spell of sunshine today, and I managed to get some new photos of my SEL.

My modifications are detailed on this thread:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1200262&posts=7&fid=12

-Robert

Attachments

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts
Beautiful car.[:D]

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,110 Posts
how is the GPS thingy working for you? i've been eyeing one of those for a while, but i'm concerned that their map info database will be out of date way too soon to be worth the price (as far as i know, they cannot be updated periodically).

also, are the headlight wipers functional after swapping in euros? i mean, do they actually press up against the glass, or is the angle wrong?

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
Looks great! I really like the navigation. [:p]

·
Premium Member
Audi A4
276 Posts
OCStrider - 2/13/2005 8:03 PM

Hello everyone!

Well, we had a brief spell of sunshine today, and I managed to get some new photos of my SEL.

My modifications are detailed on this thread:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1200262&posts=7&fid=12

-Robert
Where did you get that phone holder?
Was it originally there?

Thanks for answer in advance. [:)]

·
Registered
87 420SEL, 89 560SL, 92 300TE
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone for the kind words!

Janos, I think that GPS is the best new thing in cars since air-conditioning. It makes finding places easy, and it is especially nice for vacations. If you see something you'd like to see closer, you just go- you never need to worry about finding your way back. Magellan issues updates for its units about once a year. These include updated maps and "points of interest", as well as improvements in the software. For instance, the latest update includes the ability to receive addresses from your phone or PDA via IR. The GPS units still a little pricey, but they are coming down.

The US-spec headlight wipers do work, though they do not cover the whole surface of the euro headlights. I am going to be switching over to euro wipers.

Benz Devil - the phone is mounted on a piece that was in the car when I bought it, with a 1987-vintage analog cellphone on it. I bought an extra charging/synch stand for my phone, cut the back of the stand off, re-wired it, and mounted it on the console piece. There is power run in, and there is a USB cable in the console piece should I ever need to hook the PDA/Phone up to a notebook. The cable above the phone is for a hands-free kit mounted on the headrest.

-Robert

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
Sweet ride. You have a treasure there. Who says white benzes don't look great?

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
looks great white always look classy the chrome and the tints go on very well on white cars. I also love the euro lights

1 - 8 of 8 Posts