Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made some recent mods to my car and have posted some new pics in the gallery section under Vic55 (W210). I put in some painted side markers and a CL style grill. About two weeks later I got an unbelievable deal on some Brabus Multipiece wheels that were custom made for the E55 so I dumped the Monoblocks. They are 19x9.5 in the front and 19x10 in the rears so I kept my tires from the 19 inch Monoblocks that I had. I also did some radio mods and have posted a pic of a rear mounted tweeter.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radio Mods...

Rich... here is what I did. I swapped out all the factory speakers except the rear door Bose mids. I replaced them with JL Audio component set-up's (Mid and tweeters). The front tweeters are mounted right above the side left and right vents and the mids go in the doors. The rear tweeters are where the pics show them and the mids go in the deck. I have 2 JL Audio amplifiers: one that drives all the mids and tweeters in the cabin and one that drives the two 10 inch JL Audio Subs in the trunk. I am still using the factory unit and the factory amp to drive just the rear mids in the doors. In total I have 12 speakers. The sound is world's apart from the factory MBZ system and the setup is not that expensive considering how much one pays for an E55!! I have attached a link to the JL Audio site... their amps are awesome and the ratings will prove it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts