Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to play mini gold with my daughter earlier today and parked next to this grand child. Both Silver.
I found it funny that the S500 w220 is better in every way. Air ride, powerful motor, better climate control, audio, navi. Yet my bare bone 420SEL is worth twice more. Value not being important, it was cool to park a Grandpa next to a grand child.

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
the S500 w220 is better in every way
What? You mean that the w220 is lower quality, probably less reliable and an utter pain to fix when it goes wrong. Which it will.

So yes, the w220 is better in every way for the revenues of the workshops!!!

I'd go for your W126 every day.

RayH

·
SuperModerator
13,207 Posts
Not keen on those. Don't have the MB feel, to my mind. More Japanese seeming. Bet they're lovely if you get a good one, but none of that S class solidity.

·
SuperModerator
13,207 Posts
I disagree completely. I also find the Mercedes world in general better like that than other marques I've owned. I was really surprised about that actually, I was expecting snobbery.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
I have a w126 w140 w220 and w221
And yes the newer ones are superior in most respects to a w126
But none have the Bank vault door closures that the w126 does

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
tusabes
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing