Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
C320
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a coworker today, and he said that mercedes was coming out with this paint process for their cars that was to be hard as a rock and keep shine for years, and not allow anything to stick to it... is this true? What year is this coming out?

·
Registered
2006 C230 WZ
257 Posts
Evan - 2/13/2005 9:46 AM

I was talking to a coworker today, and he said that mercedes was coming out with this paint process for their cars that was to be hard as a rock and keep shine for years, and not allow anything to stick to it... is this true? What year is this coming out?

Apparently is not only MB but the whole car industry. They will move from paint coatings to adhesive films. The transition will probably take place within the next 5 - 6 years.

·
Registered
C320
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder how this will look...
would like to read up more on this.. find out which companies are going to be doing this... I may have to buy some stocks..

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
They already have, they call it their Nano paint. To see if your MB has the nano paint, check the driver door frame for the paint code, if it starts with C you have the nano paint (black 040, no nano, black C40, nano). They started with the C in mid 2004 and earlier in other MBs. It's really great, doesn't swirl as easily and I have way less rock chips than my 2002 had at the same mileage.

·
Registered
2004 W203 C180K Elegance Sport Sedan & 2005 W209 CLK280 Elegance Coupe
104 Posts
all the facelift C class's have it and just about every other car in the Mercedes range now do too.

i have it, and my 6 week old black car still gets scratches from trying to clean it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts