Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After We replace the Oil and rotated and balanced the tires we saw that I need 4 new rotors and pads. What is a good brand to get? I dont wanna break the bank on this one so no high performance stuff.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
The OEM brake rotors (ATE I think is the brand) are very good in stopping the car, even with no upgrades. If you're changing the rotors you might want to look at swapping W126 front brakes, if you so decide to (adds ventilated discs instead of the solids). But since you said no performance stuff...

Same sites I gave you before have the OEM rotors.

www.germanstar.net
www.performanceproducts.com
www.autohausaz.com

For pads, OEM brands include:

ATE
Textar

Don't forget to check if the sensors need replacing (you'll need 4, at roughly $1.50 each).

I also have an extra set of front pads (ATE) for my car. Accidentally purchased this extra set (I thought the sets sell for each wheel[:eek:)]). It should fit yours. If you want, you can have it for $40 (original price, still new, NEVER used). PM me if you're interested, Anaheim isn't too far away from Garden Grove.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much is swapping with the w126 brakes? Is it very difficult? I do it in my auto class with a lift and stuff and most people know what to do.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
You'll need W126 rotors, W126 calipers, and longer retaining pins. The MSN W123 group has a thread about it, it's been done. Mercedesshop Forum might also have their own threads on it. But I think the pads are the same, somebody might correct me on this...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh now the calipers will run some money isn't it something about +100 for each? I honestly think that the way it stops now is awesome with the new rotors and pads it should be even better. What I also found strange is that the rear pads were way more worn then the front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts