Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-<br>
<br>
I've covetted one of these things for years and I'm finally gonna get one. I just had some questions as a prospective new owner.<br>
The model is '62 404s radio box.<br>
<br>
I'm really just curious how these things tend to hold up, and what is most likely to go wrong first -- I'm told it's in good working order, but I have yet to test drive it. Also, it's in another state, and I want to be sure I can drive it home!<br>
<br>
I really appreciate any help.<br>
<br>
_luther

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can tell you this from experience. If it has a compressor, cut the belt. It will gain you some speed. Make sure you check all the fluid levels before you take out. Make sure the batteries are up to the task. (I had horrible luck with the millitary batteries, they died when I stopped for fuel) If the red dash light comes on the generator IS NOT charging. Make sure you have a friend that can follow you there and back. Just in case something does happen. I drive a 404 back and forth to work daily, and I love it but there are things that can go wrong. If you have the option, trailor it home, and work out the bugs. And most off all, just enjoy it. I've owned over a dozen different vehicles, and this one is the best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts