Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few things:<br>Does anyone (PBR, etc.) make brake pads for the 2001 C class yet? The factory pads are way too dusty.<p>How much of the engine is the same as earlier cars, and are there any repair manuals available? Not that the car needs any work, or even will need any work by me during the service/warranty period, but I read repair manuals for fun! I like to know how the car works in as much detail as possible. Is a factory repair manual available at a reasonable cost?<p>Has anyone installed the CD player in the glovebox themself yet. How about in the trunk? A detailed account of how it was done would be appreciated!<p>Like the car so far, but first gear in the 6 speed seems way too low!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. Yes EBC does (Green Stuff)<br>2. The 320 is the same engine as the CLK, E, SLK, etc.<br>3. CD Changer can be installed by buying the installation kit from the dealer and the changer from a discount MB shop like Auto Class.<br>4. Yes I noticed this too...maybe a chip would help.<p>: A few things:<br>Does anyone (PBR, etc.) make brake pads for the 2001 C class yet? <p>How much of the engine is the same as earlier cars, and are there any repair manuals available? Not that the car needs any work, or even will need any work by me during the service/warranty period, but I read repair manuals for fun! I like to know how the car works in as much detail as possible. <p><br>Is a factory repair manual available at a reasonable cost?<p>Has anyone installed the CD player in the glovebox themself yet. How about in the trunk? A detailed account of how it was done would be appreciated!<p>Like the car so far, but first gear in the 6 speed seems way too low! <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if PBR makes pads for MBs as they do for BMWs.<p>The V6 engines in the new C class are AFAIK identical in technology to the outgoing V6. Of course the sizes are different. The electronic dipstick thing might be new, but I'm not sure about that.<p>In the U.S., repair manuals are on PC CD-ROM and are available from the dealer or direct from MB (1-800-FOR-MERCEDES). I've heard ~US$100.<p>From what I understand, you can install it yourself but it still requires activation by the dealer (apparently they hook up a laptop and tell the head unit it's got a changer installed). I thought I heard one person installed an older changer in the trunk...I'd be interested in info on this too. I'm pretty sure instructions come with the install kit. Apparently the go-to guy for MB parts is Rusty: <p>Rusty Cullens<br>Wholesale Parts, Inc.<br>OE & OEM Parts for Mercedes, BMW & Porsche<br>20% to 70% Below Retail<br>1-800-741-5252 or [email protected] <p>Never used him myself, but this info comes from the Mercedes mailing list and Peter Klein, who owns a W124.<p>I'm sure many here would be interested in more impressions you have of your new car. What do you like about it? What did you drive before, or what else did you test-drive during shopping? Why does 1st gear seem too low?<p>Cheers, hope your enjoy your MB<br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts