Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I just acquired a 2007 cls 550.

I have some questions about the car.
The car keeps asking me for a navigation cd, Where can i get a navigation cd? is it something that is only acquired at the dealership or is there another version i can buy at the store or even online.

My service light will not go off. The car is due for a step 1 service so i pressed the black button next to the fuel gauge and when i start the car again it goes back on.

Anyone know the required gear oil for the rear end?
Is there a transmission dipstick on the car? and if not can the transmission fluid be changed with out the dealers insane prices (ex in my garage)

Also i need the "command" booklet for the instructions on how to use the radio/phone, all other insanely complicated crap on the dashboard. I found the actual user manual online, but this is the only booklet that i need.

I think thats all the questions i have now.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,506 Posts
Navigation
Current MB part # 6460257 or 2118272665 version V.9 available @ dealer, Navteq.com, or eBay

Reset sheet
http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/outside/9522/?requestedDocId=9522

722.9 (7-speed) ATF discussion
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211-e-class/1445542-change-transmission-fluid-2006-e350-722-a.html

PM email address and I will forward COMAND manual, service sheet, and approved service products (i.e.: differential, etc.) include VIN if you want a datacard listing initial delivery date, factory-installed equipment/codes, etc.

·
Registered
2007 MB CLS 550
14 Posts
I acquired my 2007 CLS Certified Preowned from Fresno MB dealer in 2008. My Nav would work locally but on the road was useless. Also asked me to insert CD. Opened the trunk and tried to eject the Nav CD but nothing came out. Finally took to the dealer and learned someone had removed the CD and it was missing (likely a salesperson fixing someone else's problem). Talked to Service Manger and he agreed, they owed me a CD and ordered the latest update at no cost to me.

Also someone had removed the floor mats and the sales person said they would give me a good price on a new set. After I railed on the Sales Manager, they ageed to provide me a new set at no cost. So much for the Mercedes CPO checklist compliance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts