Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Currently: 2001 S500, 2001 BMW 525i
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks....just purchased a 2001 S500 (136K miles) and i'm already in Airmatic hell. I've been reading about this issue, on this site, and it seems fairly common. I've got the "Stop, car too low" warning and took it to MB North Houston today. I need the right front strut replacing, as it's leaking air and oil and the car is almost hitting the tires and won't rise. I'm having them do the brakes, rotors, front and rear. I don't mind spending money to get the car up to scratch but MB Dealership prices are outrageous!

I'm being quoted $2030.00 just for the strut replacing.

I just moved to Houston 3 weeks ago and don't know anyone. Does anyone know of or is willing to recommend a MB mechanic that's NOT a 'stealership', in Houston?

I'm not educated enough to do these repairs myself and barely understand the car. Thank you for response in advance, but please keep it simple.:surrender:

MBLadyTX

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts

·
Registered
Currently: 2001 S500, 2001 BMW 525i
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Eric, through that link I found Carlos at Euro-Wheel. Who will do all of the work listed below for half the price of the dealership and comes highly recommended by BW members. Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

List of MB Dealership Recommended repairs:
a) r/front strut leaking $2,030
b) left top strut repair kit (cracking) $450
c) rear main oil seal leaking/dripping $1,945.
d) trans electrical connector leaking $255
e) front pads and rotors worn below minimum $817 (had this done today while the car was already at the dealership, came in at $809)
f) rear brake pads worn to 2mm $280
g) right thrust arm ball joint cracked $581
h) brake fluid flush(every two years) $165
i) rear diferential back plate leaking $890

Withagee: Thanks for the link. and suggestion, but I'd be more willing to surgically remove my own arm than to try and replace a strut :) The link helped me get better pricing though, since I now know the actual cost of the unit, thanks again!

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
You do not need to thank me, thank the great members of this forum who contribute so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts