Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just picked up my Black 05 C55 with 22K miles on it. It is in great condition, but I want to make a few external, internal and mechanical changes.

1. I want to get a grill like they have on the CLK... Any suggestions on where I can pick one up? Also the tail lights on mine are blacked out and I am already gettting crap from cops. Where can I pick up a good set?

I know there is the OEM versions, but are there any good aftermarket shops? EBay?

2. I would like to get my Nav system up to date. Do I have to buy each year and load them one by one to get fully updated, or can I just buy the newest DVD and be good to go?

3. While the power is solid, I would like to add a little more. I know there are a few ECU upgrade options out there... But which one is the best? What other options are there?

I appreciate your paitience with my questions.:bowdown:

Thanks for all your help.
~Chad

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Chad congrats on the car. I just bought one a couple months ago. it had 23k miles. I too would like a little more horsepower. Re-flashing the ECU appears to be the best bang for the buck. I'll be watching this thread if anyone can give some ideas on who we should be talking to.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Check out Ebay for the grill and the taillights.... I got most of my stuff for my car off of Ebay... Just look carefully at some of the grills on there because a lot are crap..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have begun down the path of modding my C55...

I contacted Jerry at LET Motorsports and am going with an ECU flash and K&N Filters from them. Jerry is a great guy and I am really looking forward to working with them again in the near future.

I also picked up an AMG Sprintbooster, CLK W209 Grille and LED Tails from EBAY. I will be sure to post comments and Pictures once I have it all installed.

The waiting is going to be tough....:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts